• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6800 or X800?

brentzki

n00b
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
17
I'm stuck with AGP.

I can get
6800 for $167
X800 for $212
X800pro for $230

Is the X800 worth $50 more than the 6800?
 
I'd say the 6800 because you have the chance to unluck more pipelines, making it closer to a 6800gt. And even if you get one that doesnt unlock still a good card at a good price.
 
The X800Pro is available in both AGP and PCI-E versions from ATI for $179 with a 3-year warranty. After the 5% off coupon (1010), it should wind up costing ~$184 shipped.

I was one of those who got the .X800XT-PE refurbs for $229 shipped, and like many others, the card I received was basically brand-new. Its too bad that its not available anymore, but the X800Pro is a great card and it should definately be better than the 6800NU at this price.
 
Definitely get one of those refurbished X800 Pros if you are going that route.

The 6800 is a fine card for the money. I've used several and they've all been nice (even without unlocked pipes).
 
Thanks for the tips. I think the refurbed X800pro is the way to go. That's a great deal on that card.
 
Just do drop my opinion in on the X800 vs. 6800 debate...if you're comfortable go with the pro, but.


AGP- 6800
PCI-E-X800
 
Back
Top