6700K in stock (US)

My Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 and 6700K should be delivered tomorrow from Newegg, but my ram hasn't shipped yet. Ordered both at the same time. :/

Got an email blast from Newegg pimping Skylake and it reads "check availability" next to the 6700K, sigh... /facepalm They can't be happy with Intel either.

Got an email blast from Newegg pimping Skylake and it reads "check availability" next to the 6700K, sigh... /facepalm They can't be happy with Intel either.

lol, I got same email, for a moment I thought maybe they had more in stock and this was their way of letting people know.

lol, I got same email, for a moment I thought maybe they had more in stock and this was their way of letting people know.

Oh yeah, I jump at every email from Newegg/Amazon thinking it might be a stock notification... :p Geek problems.

Still no MATX bundles. Boo. Might have to buy something else if they don't get their crap together.

Anyone have any thoughts on a dual channel 16gb kit? Looking for 2800 or higher. The Ripjaw V kits seem to have XMP issues with the Hero from the reviews on Newegg.

Not seeing the Hero combo within that link, just Ranger... Tried calling the Premier hotline and giving them the spiel about already having every other part but they wouldn't budge...

Rep said "probably next week" they'd sell it separate but I dunno how accurate that is.

I might've returned my current mobo if I could go for a simple mobo/CPU combo, even if it meant a more expensive mobo, but being forced to buy a random RAM kit of their choosing isn't really appealing.

Not seeing the Hero combo within that link, just Ranger... Tried calling the Premier hotline and giving them the spiel about already having every other part but they wouldn't budge...

Rep said "probably next week" they'd sell it separate but I dunno how accurate that is.

I might've returned my current mobo if I could go for a simple mobo/CPU combo, even if it meant a more expensive mobo, but being forced to buy a random RAM kit of their choosing isn't really appealing.

This is the direct link to the Hero bundle
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2466071&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-KB%20Networks,%20Inc.-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=3891137&SID=rewrite

never mind it changed to out of stock just now

Yeah I just saw your link after I posted, thanks, that's more tempting... Seems it's already out of stock too tho, heh. Edit: Seems they sold out of 6700K within 5 min again.

Gonna go put a pre order in at BLT and try and stop checking it so compulsively... :p If I happen to find it first elsewhere I'll cancel, worst/best case scenario it ships on the 10th and I merely wasted $20 on shipping.

Last edited:
Yeah I just saw your link after I posted, thanks, that's more tempting... Seems it's already out of stock too tho, heh. Edit: Seems they sold out of 6700K within 5 min again.

Gonna go put a pre order in at BLT and try and stop checking it so compulsively... :p If I happen to find it first elsewhere I'll cancel, worst/best case scenario it ships on the 10th and I merely wasted $20 on shipping.

Sign up for an alert here: http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/processors/intel/

I used this to order last week, and got another ping when the processors were available today. Find this one far more reliable than signing up for auto-notify via Amazon and Newegg (I never even get an email from them).

Well got my set up completely ordered.

Asus Maximus Hero VIII
GSkill Ripjaw V 16gb PC3200

Time to retire the 2600k. A bit of an afterthought but I hope my Kraken AIO fits the 1151?

It will, same mounting layout.

Sign up for an alert here: http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/processors/intel/

I used this to order last week, and got another ping when the processors were available today. Find this one far more reliable than signing up for auto-notify via Amazon and Newegg (I never even get an email from them).

Thanks, I normally use camel but it's not great at actual stock notifications either (more for price alerts). Will set it up and just sit back and relax.

when did Newegg completely stop giving a crap about customers? I asked them to add a 6700k / matx mobo combo and they were rude as hell. I told them they could have at least pretended they'd pass the feedback along to their boss. Wow.

I guess if I want the processor I have to buy a random combo and return the mobo I don't want. That's really stupid.

Yeah, my MB and RAM are going back until I secure a CPU first.

If that's tomorrow, fine. But it might be 3 weeks.

Enough of this. The least they could have done was offer 1st crack at them for anyone who already purchased the MB and RAM from them on friggin launch day.

I don't really have a beef with Newegg about it as much as Intel. But whatever. It's just a thing. A toy. I'll get one soon enough.

UGH. I really didn't think we'd have three damn weeks (and counting) of paper launch time.

Welp, Amazon opened up pre-orders so I put mine in, thanks nbuubu, NowInStock worked a treat! (didn't realize it could do pre order notifications too) Seems they might be lower on the stock totem pole than the likes of Newegg or ever Tiger, but I imagine it won't be too long if they suddenly decided to accept pre orders.

To hell with Newegg's combo shenanigans, BLT's confusing shipping options to PR (plus rude phone rep), and Tiger's price gouging.

Amazon's the only one the has allowed me to place an order at MSRP with free shipping, they can deliver in a month for all I care, it's a lot less of a hassle with them. Edit: I did pay $7 more for faster shipping (mostly to avoid the USPS), so $357 for the 6700K. I think NCIX is doing pre orders as well but they don't ship to Puerto Rico IIRC.

Glad it could help. I saw the Amazon pre-order tracker ping me too, nice that they're properly at $350.

I'd been looking to get the Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 so that it was part of a bundle for $30 off at Newegg was fine by me. Kind of assumed they'd be doing bundles after they did the same with the i5 6600K, so I held off on buying the MB/ram for that reason.

Yeah technically it said OoS:

Temporarily out of stock.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.

I just called it a pre order because AFAIK it has yet to be available directly from Amazon. They do label stuff explicitly as pre-order sometimes tho, I pre ordered their Cowboy Bebop BD edition I dunno how many months in advance... :cool:

They're pretty haphazard with labels and their ETAs couldn't be more ambiguous when there is one, tends to work out fine tho.

This is the shittiest paper launch ever. And yes, I'm butthurt much. :p

This is the shittiest paper launch ever. And yes, I'm butthurt much. :p

U mad bro? I mad. :mad: You gotta give it to Intel tho, they even dominate at paper launches. If this were NV or AMD someone would've beaten out a press release or two out them already, if not an ETA...

Intel just keeps rolling as if nothing's happened. "Broadwell? What Broadwell? Skylake? Aren't we launching that after Broadwell? Oh hey look at the SSD tech we're pre launching for next year! Maybe." :p

Canceling my BLT and going Amazon. Amazon is cheaper, faster shipping with Prime, and if I were a betting man, Id assume they get it before BLT.

when did Newegg completely stop giving a crap about customers? I asked them to add a 6700k / matx mobo combo and they were rude as hell. I told them they could have at least pretended they'd pass the feedback along to their boss. Wow.

I guess if I want the processor I have to buy a random combo and return the mobo I don't want. That's really stupid.
While the combos aren't a great way to launch a CPU they at least have discounts on the combos. I had already bought a board before ordering a combo and had no trouble getting them to RMA the previous board with no restock fee and free return shipping. At least for me the customer service was good.

Do watch out for the coupons newegg will send you after buying stuff. Sometimes they are good coupons, but they have a tendency to send you a 10% off coupon that is only for things marked up 20%, its BS.

I am happy with the $50 bundle discount, I blame all this paper launch crap on intel not the people doing their best to make a buck of the few chips they can get.

Last edited:
My newegg shipment hasn't updated the tracking since Saturday. Getting a bit worried that it got lost since UPS isn't updating the tracking info.

My newegg shipment hasn't updated the tracking since Saturday. Getting a bit worried that it got lost since UPS isn't updating the tracking info.

I've had that happen to me a few times and things turned out OK. Most likely shipment will likely be delayed a day or so.

My TigerDirect order that had an expected delivery dates of 8/26 has not been shipped as of today and all they know is that it's been submitted to their drop ship warehouse. I'm paying an extra $50 over MSRP and an addional $15 for 2nd day shipping to get it ASAP. On hold, cancelling order and will wait for Amazon or another vendor to get them in at MSRP.

Amazon seems to have pulled them, dunno if that means they sold out their first expected batch or what. My order hasn't been cancelled or anything, you just can't order it from Amazon anymore.

Tiger can be lousy when they're doing drop shipments and whatnot... I ordered a sub from them that I had to RMA and on both occasions they only ever sent me the tracking from the manufacturer to their warehouse...

Then I'd have to call in to get the tracking from their warehouse to my place, and everything seemed to take forever... Wish they still had a ship to store option.

Oh and I cancelled my BLT pre order and they replied pretty quickly to confirm it, but also added that it'd remain in the system for up to 30 days in case I wanna restore it... :rolleyes:

Not sure how I feel about that, their whole order system seemed kinda ghetto and while ordering I noticed I could actually refresh and even close the site then come back and still have all m my info filed in - including my unobscured CC # (no **** as you'll see on most sites after entering it initially).

Hopefully that's just bad form handling on the site's part and their system is more secure on their end... Hopefully Amazon doesn't cancel my existing order either. :( I've ordered plenty of OoS things at Amazon and they've always delivered eventually.

I'm starting to think Newegg isn't going to have any more CPUs today. Bummer. Today was the first day I was 100% ready to go. I guess I should have just bought whatever and returned the rest of the bundle so I could have what I actually wanted.

Back