• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6600 Gt Oc Sli

Wheelie

n00b
Joined
Oct 14, 2005
Messages
10
OK, I know for a fact I have the same video cards and both are installed, the SLI bridge is on, the motherboard had a small circuit board you had to flip if you have dual cards.

At first, the nVidia software said "replace any cards that are not the exact same to enable SLI" (this was in the advanced screen properties under the "SLI" settings area.

I was like WTF mate? I have the exact same cards.

I swap the cards and turned the CPU back on. Now I no longer have an SLI option.

I have installed the unified nForce driver version (nForce4_amd_6.70_winxp2k_english.exe)

and display driver version (81.85_forceware_winxp2k_international_whql.exe)


What am I doing or not doing to get SLI enabled on my machine?


Hardware stats:
MOBO: ASUS A8N-SLI deluxe
Proc: AMD 64 3000+
Video: Dual BFG Geforce 6600 GT Overclocked
 
I was on the phone with BFG and ASUS tech support this weekend, and both of them said that since my cards have different bios revisions, SLI won't work.

I was under the impression the new 81.xx drivers fixed this problem.

The bios versions are 5.43.02.46 and 5.43.02.36.05.

Shouldn't the new drivers avoid this problem?
 
Back
Top