• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

64-bit vs 128 bit

hauntedfury

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
77
How much performance difference there is between a 64-bit and 128-bit memory interface card? Is it quite large or just a minor difference?
For example how much difference in terms of performance would be there between a Radeon 9550 128-bit and 64-Bit?
 
The difference is pretty big. The memory bandwidth is halved so even if the 64 bit memory is running double the speed of the 128 bit memory, their bandwidth is still the same. I would always take the highest bandwidth available for any card. The 9550 is already crippled as it is with just 4 pipes, but the 128 bit version should still be significantly faster as the 64 bit interface would bottleneck the memory on the card.
 
dude, trust them, you DONT want a 64 bit card unless u dont play any games
 
Dudeyourlame said:
ill 3rd that.. 128 bit is far better

Or just dish out a little bit of extra money for something a bit faster on the GPU side.
 
32 bit is the best.....


Sega Genesis with 32x..... It could play Virtual Fighter so smooth.....
 
Take it from me, my first card was a 9600 SE, and it...was...sloooowwwww. Went to a 9600 XT, and saw a BIG difference. Then I went to a 9800 pro (double the pipes, double the bandwidth), flashed it to an XT, and now I want an X800XL. God, I hate computers.
 
Dudeyourlame said:
ill 3rd that.. 128 bit is far better
Agreed. The person who's responsible for releasing a 64-bit memory interface in 2005 should be shot... :mad:
 
PNut12345 said:
Take it from me, my first card was a 9600 SE, and it...was...sloooowwwww. Went to a 9600 XT, and saw a BIG difference. Then I went to a 9800 pro (double the pipes, double the bandwidth), flashed it to an XT, and now I want an X800XL. God, I hate computers.


read reviews before spending money ;)
 
Back
Top