60GB for $29.99 out the door...

diablo111

[H]ard|Gawd
At CompUSA...it's an in store deal that was in this mornings paper ad, a 7200RPM CompUSA/Maxtor 60GB HDD.

$79.99 - $50 instant savings = $29.99

Helluva deal...

Do you have a link to the ad. Is it a store by store type ad? Went to compusa, and they told me there was no such deal.

im on the phone with them right now and they don't know about the deal. manager is going to ring up the hd to see if it rings up as $29 or $79....

diablo111 you're in Utah same as me - what store did you goto? The one on 21st in Salt Lake? I may be force to pickup two of these.

My digital camera sucks...this is the best pic I could get. Their online ad browser doesn't show up until sunday, so I don't have a link.

60gb.jpg

The ad comes in our local saturday paper.

anakin357 said:
diablo111 you're in Utah same as me - what store did you goto? The one on 21st in Salt Lake? I may be force to pickup two of these.

The Orem store...the ad came in the Salt Lake Tribune.

Just got done talking to the Customer Service Dept. - and apparently it's a dead deal in Salt Lake, FYI. I think this is a YMMV deal, damn if I lived in Orem I'd be all over this - I need cheap RAID solution.

i would check this on sunday, thats usually when the sales from the weekly ads start

What a great deal, thanks for the headsup, and the link. I'm heading to pick up a few now.
I love deals like this with instant rebates!

all sold out online! darn and i don't feel like driving down to the store for a smallish hard drive. Oh well thx for the info OP.

i was about to jump all over this one, then i saw it only had a 2 MB cache buffer

I live in madison Wi., I got to the store 10 minutes before it opened and 4 people were waiting in line. 2 of them went to sit down so i was able to be the 2nd person threw the door. When I looked at the shelf i seen 6 hard drives. I asked the guy in front of me how many he was getting he said 6. I was like no way. He was joking he just took 2. I grabed 2 and by then there were at least 20 people behind me. the manager told a kid to bring all of them out of the back. So if you didnt get there early you might not get one.
$29 for a 60gig 7200 rpm ata133 drive isnt bad even if it does just have 2mb of cache. great hard drive for my moms pc.

Picked up a couple of them. The CompUssr in Boulder has a huge display full of them. Probably like a hundred or so.

I scored 25 of them! Went to 2 different stores, bought 10 at one store, then 15 and another.
Excellent HD, 2mb buffer isn't even an issue at this price. :D

Does anyone know if this deal will allow for rain checks? I haven't seen the ad in the newspaper, but i looked online for the nearest retailers and none of them had any in-stock but they did yesterday.

I got one this morning. I also bought a Maxtor 60GB for $17.99AR two weeks ago at OD. :D

The web site says they are out of stock. I wish they had a one per person limit on this. 25 is ridiculous.

Staples said:
The web site says they are out of stock. I wish they had a one per person limit on this. 25 is ridiculous.
they are kidding. It's limit one per person. I don't doubt people are buying multiple drives, but it takes more than 1 trip.

It was never in stock on the web site. Items normally go available around midnight (central time) and the drives never were available, last night or this morning.

I picked up two of these today and I was able to buy two at once.

Also, there is a good deal on TDK 50pk CD-Rs for $7.50 each at compusa also. I picked up four packs of those, lol. :D

pxc said:
they are kidding. It's limit one per person. I don't doubt people are buying multiple drives, but it takes more than 1 trip.

It was never in stock on the web site. Items normally go available around midnight (central time) and the drives never were available, last night or this morning.

Not kidding at all, both stores I went to had plenty in stock, when I left, I could have purchased 25 from one store, but I didn't I was actually being curtious. There were 2 people ahead of me each with buggies full.
There is no limit, it is an instant rebate, it is not one per person.
No ebay, Christmas gifts! Then I'll use the rest for computers i build for friends and family.
Or maybe a A crazy raid config? :D

knucklehd said:
Not kidding at all, both stores I went to had plenty in stock, when I left, I could have purchased 25 from one store, but I didn't I was actually being curtious. There were 2 people ahead of me each with buggies full.
There is no limit, it is an instant rebate, it is not one per person.
No ebay, Christmas gifts! Then I'll use the rest for computers i build for friends and family.
Or maybe a A crazy raid config? :D

pics?

woohoo! Just got back from my local CompUSSR. They had 6 drives left, so I snagged two of those and two of the TDK 50packs... Browsing around, I later saw a guy pick up the last FOUR drives.. Made is his little girl carry two of em. I was kinda amused.. He didn't look too happy when he saw me with two of the drives :p

I'd never thought I'd say this but I am starting to like the idea of MIR. It guarantees that people will not abuse the deal.

As far as me saying that the website says OOS, you can enter your zip code and it is supposed to show you if your local store has any. It said mine did not. Whether that is true or not, I will take it with a gain of salt.

The only way you're gonna know for sure is to go into the store. I checked my zip before I went and it said out of stock. Took a gamble and they still had them in stock.

I'd never thought I'd say this but I am starting to like the idea of MIR. It guarantees that people will not abuse the deal.
nobody is abusing anything, what..!!, there is no limit.....full stop.!!!

how can someone abuse a deal like this? It's their choice to sell them at this price...

diablo111 said:
My digital camera sucks...this is the best pic I could get. Their online ad browser doesn't show up until sunday, so I don't have a link.

60gb.jpg

The ad comes in our local saturday paper.

Time for you to learn what the "macro" function is for.

Back