60GB for $29.99 out the door...

knucklehd said:
Proof is on the kitchen table!

25hds1.jpg

ROFL :D :D :D

LMFAO!!!!! omg, that's freaking hilarious. Well, no compusa where I live so yet again I'm screwed over by another fantastic deal I'll never be able to take advantage of :rolleyes:

STRESSTEST said:
Time for you to learn what the "macro" function is for.

If both him and me have the same cheap as camera, macro mode wont do shit for ya. :D

I think I counted 25 drives there....

1.5Tera
$750

Case to hold them all - Towering Inferno

Compusa in Alexandria, VA had a pallet stacked waist high with these things about an hour ago. I nabbed two. Good deal @ $30 out the door.

I just got a 60gb maxtor from Staples for 39.99 with no MIR's thats what you pay at the register. Also they have 200gb maxtors(w/8mb cache) for $99.99.

why is this deal so hot? theirs other larger drives for less than .50cents a gig?

palabared said:
why is this deal so hot? theirs other larger drives for less than .50cents a gig?

Being able to pick up a new HDD for $30 out of pocket is pretty hot. Getting 60GB (not 20 or 40) is pretty hot. Most drives in this size and class are $1 per gig, so .50cents a gig is pretty hot.

If it doesn't turn you on that's ok...but why post your disdain and crap on everyone happy to get it?

palabared said:

True, but it's harder to find smaller drives for .50/gig or less than it is larger ones.

I went to CompUSSR in San Antonio and they didn't have any. There were two other guys apparently looking for them too. They kept looking up and down the hard drives.

Brookfield WI location said they had 200 in stock on Sunday, sold out within an hour. May be a bit of a stretch, but alas, none for me.

damn, I hope the compusa's in socal have some of these... I'll be checking it out tomorrow :)

They were limited to one per person, at the SLC UT store at least. My friend and I each throught of buying a 2nd but we noticed the sign stating the limit. I think the deal is good through the 15th, if they still have any.

Staples said:
I went to CompUSSR in San Antonio and they didn't have any. There were two other guys apparently looking for them too. They kept looking up and down the hard drives.

dammit. i was gonna go look for some today... the CompUSA says they're in stock at the one near 410 and 281?

Hooligan said:
dammit. i was gonna go look for some today... the CompUSA says they're in stock at the one near 410 and 281?
That is the only one is SA. They certainly did not have any on Monday evening.

For people in New York city.
Manhattan CompUSA on 57th street, and broadway had 5 to 10 left on the shelf, after i picked up 5 myself. So if you in NYC and want em they are still there, or call in advence.

The CompUSSR in Duluth, Ga. showed to have 2 in stock at about 5:30 Monday afternoon, but the dumbasses could not find them. They prolly wanted to keep the last two for themselves.

Fish :cool:

tiebird321 said:
got me 2 of them

the compusa in rockville MD had over 200 in stock
not anymore. one of my friend's had her only machine's hdd die, so i am looking to find one somewhere in the d.c./b'more area that isn't va.

one of these drives is my primary hdd (bought it a long while ago); pretty damned good, although 2mb of cache limits the performance by quite a bit.

dss64662 said:
not anymore. one of my friend's had her only machine's hdd die, so i am looking to find one somewhere in the d.c./b'more area that isn't va.

one of these drives is my primary hdd (bought it a long while ago); pretty damned good, although 2mb of cache limits the performance by quite a bit.

I have a 2MB cache drive (samsung) that outperforms my 8MB cache WD's :)

i picked up 2 sunday :D the ad states you are limited to 1 per customer but the saleslady let me have 2 as there were only 4 left :eek: bargain in my oponion

Didn't anyone else get my idea and price match to Staples?

Granted, like EVERY staples is out of this drive around here too, but I found a store in Montrose, OH that had 23 of them before I got there ;-)

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=315941&pfp=BROWSE

Theres the link to the DiamondMax 60gb hard drive.
Print it out and price match at staples.

Doesn't staples have a 110% price match guarantee tho? So shouldn't they price match to BELOW the 29.99?

Now what to do with all these hard drives :)

I can show you the receipt saying they did.

Supposedly, I wasn't the only one that came in and price matched it.

I talked to four managers, and all said that after seeing the online printout showing it was a Diamondmax drive, and NOT a CompUSA drive by maxtor, they would price match it.

Only problem was of the four, only one had it in stock.

I tried to get Fry's in Atlanta to pricematch this since CompUSA was out of stock there. They said it was a CompUSA boxed Maxtor and wouldn't do it since according to them (Fry's) this wasn't a regular boxed retail Maxtor drive so they didn't pricematch those. :mad: I argued with them that it was the exact same drive but to no avail. The ad from CompUSA that I had did show a CompUSA boxed drive unlike the one on the above website link. :(

Thats weird, I would have to look at my ad again to make sure but I am almost positive it has a picture of a regular maxtor drive. Dont these stores refuse to PM if item is oos anyway?

Maxtor is pushing places to get rid of these, that's why there's a lot of sales on them recently, Office Depot had the same drive for $19.99 after rebates.

Yes, in the ad, and in the store, the pic shows a CompUSA by Maxtor 60gb drive.

But online, it shows a Maxtor Diamondmax 60gb drive, the same thing you'll see when looking at the Staples box.

Most won't PM if oos, but none of the managers that agreed to PM for me wanted to call up to CompUSA to find out, so I guess I'm just lucky.

Back