freakycody
Gawd
- Joined
- Nov 24, 2003
- Messages
- 924
BUILD PUT ON PAUSE.
See Posts 2 and 3.
I will start a new thread at a later time. Thanks.
Looking at building a nice new PC, mainly to play WoW, want to keep it fairly affordable.
NOTE, I know new cards are coming out from AMD. Should I hold out for a few weeks before even considering a build till the new cards come out? If so that is prefectly fine for me.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming (WoW) / Web Browsing / Media Center (watching a few movies on the big screen)
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
~$600-700 (the cheaper the better)
3) Where do you live?
Washington, not close to a microcenter
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc.
CPU, Ram, Mobo, PSU, HD, Graphics card, case, OS, Dvd burner.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Got 420watt Enermax Noisetaker But I take it won't be adequate for this build
6) Will you be overclocking?
No
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
1080p 52" TV, and a 19" 1440x900 lcd. Shooting for using the TV.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Whenever I can get the best deal on parts. Next few weeks.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Maybe USB 3.0 would be nice jsut for new devices down the road.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
I have an XP prof license... but probably should upgrade to 7.
See Posts 2 and 3.
I will start a new thread at a later time. Thanks.
Looking at building a nice new PC, mainly to play WoW, want to keep it fairly affordable.
NOTE, I know new cards are coming out from AMD. Should I hold out for a few weeks before even considering a build till the new cards come out? If so that is prefectly fine for me.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming (WoW) / Web Browsing / Media Center (watching a few movies on the big screen)
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
~$600-700 (the cheaper the better)
3) Where do you live?
Washington, not close to a microcenter
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc.
CPU, Ram, Mobo, PSU, HD, Graphics card, case, OS, Dvd burner.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Got 420watt Enermax Noisetaker But I take it won't be adequate for this build
6) Will you be overclocking?
No
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
1080p 52" TV, and a 19" 1440x900 lcd. Shooting for using the TV.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Whenever I can get the best deal on parts. Next few weeks.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Maybe USB 3.0 would be nice jsut for new devices down the road.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
I have an XP prof license... but probably should upgrade to 7.
Last edited: