6% Ebay Bucks

Yep and as always with Bucks you must get the message/email and you MUST activate it before buying anything. I did also get the 6% bonus email - it runs for 3 days. :)

Thanks OP. I seem to always get these....was thinking of picking up some connectx-3, but was unsure...I think this may have sealed the deal.

Anyone know if this stacks with Ebates?

Just as a note they're running this promotion as well for a free Google Home Mini if you spend $150 or more: https://www.ebay.com/rpp/64608?_trkparms=&clkid=3915475106192659126

While I use Befrugal, they're a giant pain in the ass with a lot of things. They recently denied a $1750 purchase from newegg without an explanation... I've never had anything that I purchase on ebay fund on their site. It could simply be the categories as I'm always purchasing computer parts.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Do explain what those are. I have the 6% active right now.

referrall for $10 free to sign up. Just make sure it's your last click before the site you are purchasing from. (cookies should be enabled too).

It's only 1.75% extra for eBay right now - but it does add up, and sometimes they have really good % off coupons for various sites.

It works for me. Not 100% of the time, but it works well enough that I typically get the rebate and it's worth clicking through - to the tune of $1500 bucks savings (paid directly to my paypal) in less than the last two years. It just takes a long time for stuff to clear - sometimes a couple months! I've even had it work in tandem with discover cash back at Dell, so I got both discover and befrugal cashback on the same purchase.

upload_2018-5-15_15-41-42.png

Last edited:
Anyone know if this stacks with Ebates?
Sometimes it does. Usually Ebates is pretty quick about removing promos, or doesn't give you any cash back. I've only been successful once with the 20% off Ebay coupon + Ebates cashback during a 15 minute window when they left the Ebates promo up.

you linked the ebay homepage, I don't see any 6%.

You will ONLY get the 6% deal if eBay emails you directly or it shows up in your messages on your eBay page. It is not transferable either - in other words someone else cannot give you their activation link. It will only work for their account.

For a tech based site where people are probably going to buy computer components it is good to know that BeFrugal does not cover these purchases on ebay. They will for the most part cover them on Newegg, Dell, and other retailers:

"Special Terms & Exclusions

• Only orders placed on eBay's US site are eligible for cash back.
  • Cash back not valid on purchases of electronics, computers/tablets & accessories, cell phones & accessories, watches, cameras, video games, automobiles, real estate, gift cards, bullion, coins and money, & select business & industrial equipment.
  • Cash back not valid with gift card redemption.
  • Cash Back available for Buy It Now and Winning Bid transactions only.
  • We are unable to accept cash back inquiries for this retailer."

For a tech based site where people are probably going to buy computer components it is good to know that BeFrugal does not cover these purchases on ebay. They will for the most part cover them on Newegg, Dell, and other retailers:

"Special Terms & Exclusions

• Only orders placed on eBay's US site are eligible for cash back.
  • Cash back not valid on purchases of electronics, computers/tablets & accessories, cell phones & accessories, watches, cameras, video games, automobiles, real estate, gift cards, bullion, coins and money, & select business & industrial equipment.
  • Cash back not valid with gift card redemption.
  • Cash Back available for Buy It Now and Winning Bid transactions only.
  • We are unable to accept cash back inquiries for this retailer."
Befrugal is a scam CB site...use ebates or anything else

Befrugal is a scam CB site...use ebates or anything else
Why?

You say scam? I have $1500 bucks they’ve legitimately paid me. How is that a scam? That’s akin to saying Best Buy is a scam because you didn’t get a rebate one time.

Why?

You say scam? I have $1500 bucks they’ve legitimately paid me. How is that a scam? That’s akin to saying Best Buy is a scam because you didn’t get a rebate one time.
lets see...
1. they don't pay up referrals
2. they randomly removed cash back from your account
3. their chat support is a joke...looking at you Maya
4. wait over 60 days to even let you know your CB went through

Befrugal is a joke and I stand by my statement ....use any other CB site but befrugal

Are you affiliated with them? there's no way you earned $1500 with them and they never gave you a hard time...

Binar

I've been paid just over $1500 from them as I already screenprinted. I'm not affiliated with them whatsoever. I'm not saying they have a perfect track record - I'm just saying I'm $1500 up and that's fine with me. ;)

A few big ticket items add up quick, especially when you occasionally find the ~20% range cashback deals - but most of my orders have been smaller items lately.

I just don't get all bent out of shape if something doesn't go through, and can have patience to wait it out --- most of the little bonuses are just a few percent here or there, and they eventually trickle in. Hakuna matata

The times it doesn't have been related mostly to my Dell orders when they take forever to ship and things get screwed up because befrugal doesn't know if the order went through. Almost exclusively Dell related failures for me.

I've called their customer service one time that I can remember and it was a positive experience. I'm sorry you've not had a good experience - but that doesn't change my experiences.

The two month wait is to ensure you don't return the item. Befrugal is the only cashback site I've used besides my creditdcard programs - so if that's typical or not I don't know - but it's reasonable to me. I don't live hand to mouth, so I don't really care if it takes 2+ months to process.

The referrals don't process until the person you referred actually uses the program, and then you got to wait their 2+ months to verify they don't return the purchase --- so yeah - they end up pending a lot, but they do come through too -- see below. Pretty easy to use the referral program too when you get $10 and the referral gets $10 -- it's mutually beneficial. Anyway - I'll probably get this thread locked if I continue - so I'm done. But, it works good for me. That flurry of referral activity in November was a deal at slickdeal.net I posted IIRC, and the big chunk of my rebates came from buying some TVs and quite a few graphics cards for mining/resale during one of their ~20% Dell events.

upload_2018-5-16_0-3-53.png

upload_2018-5-16_0-13-9.png

Last edited:
I sold a few things on ebay when they were doing 8 or 10% cash back when you sell. All my items sold before the end period and I didn't see the cashback at all. It pretty much vanished in thin air. I have good experience with ebay and I never had any issues with ebay bucks when I buy. But ebay really does bait and switch. I was particularly pissed when I didn't see the cash back as it would have taken care of my seller fees and I could put it towards another purchase. I do believe ebay does do weird shit at times. I didn't waste much time over it. Its whatever, I activate it and hope I get it lol. I don't hold my breath though. I don't put it past ebay to be shady when it comes to cash back.

not to mention the may 10% of they had going on expired at 7pm when it was suppose to be through the end of the day. Shit that wasn't even eastern 12 am. Hahaha

I sold a few things on ebay when they were doing 8 or 10% cash back when you sell. All my items sold before the end period and I didn't see the cashback at all. It pretty much vanished in thin air. I have good experience with ebay and I never had any issues with ebay bucks when I buy. But ebay really does bait and switch. I was particularly pissed when I didn't see the cash back as it would have taken care of my seller fees and I could put it towards another purchase. I do believe ebay does do weird shit at times. I didn't waste much time over it. Its whatever, I activate it and hope I get it lol. I don't hold my breath though. I don't put it past ebay to be shady when it comes to cash back.

not to mention the may 10% of they had going on expired at 7pm when it was suppose to be through the end of the day. Shit that wasn't even eastern 12 am. Hahaha

I noticed when they ran those promos that it said you only got 10% on items that were sold that were listed after you accepted the offer. I wasn't sure if that was the case but ebay will definitely screw you over on the fine print stuff. I went in and cancelled all my active listing and relisted them and the ebay bucks seemed to work.

I noticed when they ran those promos that it said you only got 10% on items that were sold that were listed after you accepted the offer. I wasn't sure if that was the case but ebay will definitely screw you over on the fine print stuff. I went in and cancelled all my active listing and relisted them and the ebay bucks seemed to work.

Yea I accepted the offer and then listed my items. After they sold I saw nothing. They seem to randomly screw people over. They probably have data hey most people move on or don’t notice we screw them over. Haha

Yea I accepted the offer and then listed my items. After they sold I saw nothing. They seem to randomly screw people over. They probably have data hey most people move on or don’t notice we screw them over. Haha

If its worth your time you should call them and point out what you sold and what 10% of that is.

Got a new one today. 8% online or 10% if you use the app..... There is also a $15 of $75 or more coupon good through the end of the month eBay Motors categories - it does state that you must get the email to be able to use it. Below is the terms on the $15 coupon.

"Who's eligible for the Coupon?
Only invited, registered eBay users who see the Coupon in My eBay are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—Coupon is not transferable.

How to redeem your Coupon:
1. Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions.)
2. Pay for your item with PayPal by ‍1‍1‍:‍5‍9‍p‍m‍ ‍P‍T‍ on ‍M‍a‍y‍ ‍3‍1‍.
3. Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: MOTORS18

Terms & Conditions:
The Coupon is a $15 discount off a minimum purchase of $75, valid until ‍1‍1‍:‍5‍9‍p‍m‍ ‍P‍T‍ on ‍M‍a‍y‍ ‍3‍1‍. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on ‍e‍B‍a‍y‍.‍c‍o‍m‍. Eligible items include items purchased in parts & accessories categories on ‍e‍B‍a‍y‍.‍c‍o‍m‍ only. Coupon can be used once per PayPal account, while supplies last. Only one Coupon per purchase – Coupon may not be combined. Only registered ‍e‍B‍a‍y‍ members registered with an address located in the United States or Canada and paying with PayPal are eligible for the Coupon. Any unused difference between discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited."

I always used to get these, then about a year or two ago they completely stopped.

That happened to me as well. For about 3 or 4 months, nothing at all. Then they started sending them again....

I got 8 and 10% myself. Combined that with the $15 off $75 ebay motors coupon to get a nice discount on a spare tire for my trailer.

Back