• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5980 wide res ? Confused Eyefinity setup

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Dec 17, 2006
Messages
12,506
I have had my EYEFINITY setup since last October, running 3 Dell 2709W monitors, each with 1920x1200res, combined in triple screen landscape gives me 5760x1200res.

For the first time since the 9.10 drivers came out when I built this rig last year, I decided last night to upgrade to current ATI drivers, mainly because I pretty much stopped gaming for several months, and now getting back in. So I deleted my old drivers, installed the new 10.6 ones, etc...

Well the two games I tried out again, WoW, and TF2, both showed me this weird resolution option in Video Settings. 5980x1200 :confused: WTF is that ? I never saw that res before in my games, and that would be wider than my 3 combined monitors anyways ? Any ideas why it is showing me that ?


UPDATE;

I just right clicked on desktop to check the native resolution, it is showing up as 5980 x 1200 !!! WTF
 
Thanks for the info. I have been out of the computer [H]ardware scene this year. Wife and I had second child, boy named Brandon :D First child is my princess, Hana, 2 1/2 years old. The most beautiful girl in the universe, no really she is :)

Now I come back to gaming at night before bed like I used too, once kiddies are sleeping.

Anyways, I went back to check out that bezel correction, which was something I was waiting for last year. I see the triangle options split between the two screens, but it only allows me to go left or right arrows, the up and down arrows are grayed and not an option to adjust ? :confused: It would fit perfectly if I can adjust and move all four arrows to move the triangle in the perfect position, but seems I can go go left and right ?
 
Up and down is suppose to be for a vertical Eyefinity group/6 screen Eyefinity group.

Are your monitors not level with each other?
 
Up and down is suppose to be for a vertical Eyefinity group/6 screen Eyefinity group.

Are your monitors not level with each other?

Yes they are uneven. The middle is a 2707WFP flanked on either side by 2709W's. All three are Dell 27" monitors 1920x1200 native res. But the one in the middle, the 2707, seems to just sit differently on the triple arm mount, it's VESA bracket is just in a higher location than the other displays. But I thought it would maybe allow me to try to adjust it to not look as different ?
 
Thanks for the info. I have been out of the computer [H]ardware scene this year. Wife and I had second child, boy named Brandon :D First child is my princess, Hana, 2 1/2 years old. The most beautiful girl in the universe, no really she is :)

Now I come back to gaming at night before bed like I used too, once kiddies are sleeping.

Anyways, I went back to check out that bezel correction, which was something I was waiting for last year. I see the triangle options split between the two screens, but it only allows me to go left or right arrows, the up and down arrows are grayed and not an option to adjust ? :confused: It would fit perfectly if I can adjust and move all four arrows to move the triangle in the perfect position, but seems I can go go left and right ?

Noquarter already answered the same as I would have, but I wanted to drop a line and say "Congratulations" to you and your wife :), and wish the best for your family.
 
Yes they are uneven. The middle is a 2707WFP flanked on either side by 2709W's. All three are Dell 27" monitors 1920x1200 native res. But the one in the middle, the 2707, seems to just sit differently on the triple arm mount, it's VESA bracket is just in a higher location than the other displays. But I thought it would maybe allow me to try to adjust it to not look as different ?

Despite how your monitors "sit", there's enough play in the left-right movement to allow for subtle height differences in monitors. Just use a straight edge to fine tune it.
 
Despite how your monitors "sit", there's enough play in the left-right movement to allow for subtle height differences in monitors. Just use a straight edge to fine tune it.

It won't correct for that though. You can get the triangle to look right but only because you're fudging it. Anything else, like a horizontal line, or a characters head, wall, or a different angle of triangle will still be misaligned.
 
Back
Top