5970 review up yet?

vjcsmoke

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
4,511
It's past 12pm EST and I assume thats 11PM Central?

Yes!

HardOCP
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of strange alot of them not going in depth on benching it with Eyefinity mainly :rolleyes:

If I had a review site, every game would be benched at 5760x1200res #1. Thats the most common Eyefinity setup of 3 - 24" monitors. Your a fucking douche if you buy this new 5970 for like a single 22" display, there is no fucking need for it, this beast is designed for triple screen gaming at it's best, not for single monitors.
 
Kyle, how did you hook up your three U2410's to this card ? It doesn't have a standard DP, but a mini DP ? Do you need a special adapter for that, or I hope that comes in the box with the 5970 ? I am asking if you already have a monitor with Display Port standard, how does that connect to the mini DP ?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Now thats been confirmed this card can basically do 5870 clockes i've orderd mine.

In the UK the 5870s are basically out of stock and the price raise has put them at ~ £340

The 5970s launched in stock at overclockers.co.uk at £530 which is a massive rip off but the only place with stock which will be gone in an hour or so, if it isn't already. I've managed to grab a preorder off ebuyer.com for £443 and moments later the price jumps by about £50

Expected delivery is the 27th so I have a long wait ahead of me :)

Crossfire 5870 right now would cost £680, would draw loads of power (maybe require a new psu) and kick out loads of heat. The 5970 is £440 for the same hardware and consumes less power, should be less heat for me overall since I have a large asus Xonar sound card which can only fit between my 4870 crossfire and it blocks airflow a little and just heats up and keeps the average temp quite high.

Now I can shove that in the lower PCIE x16 slot, get this single card bad boy in.

Now just need to re-arrange my 4 HDDs in my Antec 1200 to make sure it can fit :D

Also [H] please release the volt mod tool, pleeeeeeease :)
 
ATI will be releasing the voltage tool to partners to release.
 
Back
Top