5970 Review/Benchmarks?

This is speculation based off of speculated clock speeds.

They used two xfired 5870 cards to guesstimate the preformance of the 5970.
 
Beta Drivers FTL.

Seriously, people always seem to forget this, and it's especially important for dual GPU solutions. I don't think there's much difference between single card and dual card here, so it's probably a valid comparison. However, I'd wait a couple of months and you'll probably see some remarkable improvement in all types of CF solutions.
 
So it's only going to be about 50% faster than a 5870 or GTX 295?
Hmmmm.
Will they have a 5970 with 6 outputs and 2gb per card?
Cos that's what I really want.
 
nda drops 18nov.
I wouldnt expect anything else than what has been done before.
maybe overclocking using watercooling adds to it a lot.

I wait for crossfire/eyefinity/bezel etc..to work.
 
Isn't the official release date suppose to be today: Nov. 16, 2009. As rare as the 5850s and 5870s are, I doubt we'll see many 5970s. Launch price is only going to be $499 from what I've read, so it's really a bargain since the 5870 can only be had at around $360 or so.
 
Isn't the official release date suppose to be today: Nov. 16, 2009. As rare as the 5850s and 5870s are, I doubt we'll see many 5970s. Launch price is only going to be $499 from what I've read, so it's really a bargain since the 5870 can only be had at around $360 or so.


well it could be why we arent seeing very many 5850's and 5870's because they are using all the gpu's for the 5970 and 5950..
 
thats old test with two underclocked 5870s also with old driver. amd released special driver for hemlock that will be used in reviews so performance will be much better
 
Back
Top