• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5970 BC2 1680x1050 benchmarks?

geekusa

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
84
I currently have a evga 295 and was looking for some FPS benchmarks for BC2. I hit the google and came back with nothing.

Thanks for the help,
 
Here you go
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/battlefield-bad-company-2.html

Capture2017-20100324.jpg
 
It's smooth as butter @ 1920x1200 so 1680x1050 should be a cake walk for the 5970.
 
5970 destroys games like BC2. Running it at 1680x1050 isn't even a challenge.
 
something isn't right there, I run it at 2560x1600 with 4x AA and HBAO off, and I get around 70-80fps average.

at 2560x1600 2xaa I get 90ish fps average.
40 seems way too low.

Just did a run @ 2xaa on a 32man server
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
87853, 1066772, 4, 175, 82.354
 
Last edited:
something isn't right there, I run it at 2560x1600 with 4x AA and HBAO off, and I get around 70-80fps average.

at 2560x1600 2xaa I get 90ish fps average.
40 seems way too low.

Just did a run @ 2xaa on a 32man server
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
87853, 1066772, 4, 175, 82.354

What's the rest of your system like? This is the specs of the machine xbit tested BC2 on.
 
What's the rest of your system like? This is the specs of the machine xbit tested BC2 on.

i7 920 @ 3.2ghz
12GB DDR3 600
P6X58D
Win 7 x64

I'll do another run with HBAO one, but from what I remember it really didn't drop it much

anyway, a 5970 for 1680x1050 is way overkill, if you can't go higher, get a 5870 or wait for fermi. Don't throw your money away unless you have wayyyy to much of it
 
Why would you wanna run a 5970 @ 1680x1050? 5870 should be enough

heck a 5850 would be the sweet spot for that res....the 5870 pulls ahead at 1920x1080(or 1200) ..... unless your using Eyefinity
 
OP dont buy a $750 dual gpu card to run at 1680x1050. not only is that silly but you wont even get all the performance that card can do at that low res unless you have an overclocked i5/i7. even then in almost every case you would still get the same performance at 1920x1080/1200. heck even a 5870 needs an i5/i7 to be pushed to its it full potential especially at just 1680x1050.
 
Native res for me is 2560x1600. Looks like It'll be a 5970 and greater or bust.
 
I dont know how they get those frames with BC2, I play at 1920x1080 with 8xAA and everything max, and I get way higher fps last time I checked.
 
i7 920 @ 3.2ghz
12GB DDR3 600
P6X58D
Win 7 x64

I'll do another run with HBAO one, but from what I remember it really didn't drop it much

anyway, a 5970 for 1680x1050 is way overkill, if you can't go higher, get a 5870 or wait for fermi. Don't throw your money away unless you have wayyyy to much of it

HBAO cuts into FPS quite a bit. My frames drop by at least 10-20 with it enabled. Regardless, as others have pointed out, 1680x1050 is not a good match for the 5970. Beyond overkill IMO.
 
hey, it may be over kill now

but i would upgrade to dual monitors later with the 5970
that would be awesome
 
something isn't right there, I run it at 2560x1600 with 4x AA and HBAO off, and I get around 70-80fps average.

at 2560x1600 2xaa I get 90ish fps average.
40 seems way too low.

Just did a run @ 2xaa on a 32man server
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
87853, 1066772, 4, 175, 82.354

Yeah doesn't seem quite right, although we're running with HBAO off which is a massive FPS killer and seems to make little visible difference, they're probably running with that on?

Anyway 1680x1050 is no problem for a 5970, it's handling 2560x1600 all max with 2xAA and 16xAF for me just with HBAO off, the average is quite high, in the 70-90s with a decent 60fps minimum.
 
Has anyone ever tried to game on their plasma tvs? I have my 295 hooked up to my reciever via HDMI and I've never tried to actually game on the plasma. I'm guessing the 5970 should just destroy, and was thinking games like StarCraft 2 could be wicked.
 
Here's my rig:

i7 920 @ 3.8
6GB DDR 1600
5770 (returned), 5870 (returned), evga 295 (current), saphire 5970 ( en route)
1680x1050 4xAA & 4x Filtering Bloom=false, hbfao = false

5770: 10.2 Drivers
Ran BC2 < 70FPS on average with the above settings. I felt medium graphic settings where the best fit for this card, BUT the 5770 had a bad grey screen of death problem, didn't work at 120HZ, and wouldn't wake up from sleep (black screen of death).

5870: 10.1, 10.2 & 10.3

I was so disappointed in this card, it came stock from the factory from XFX at 900 & 1300. Which results in a grey / vertical screen of death after 30 to 45 minutes of game play. If you down clock those settings to 850, 800, 750, & 1250, 1200, etc the card becomes stable when gaming.

The 5870 handled BC2 very well >= 100FPS on average at 4xaa & 4x. Ran much cooler than the 295, but I had to run mine with the fan at 49% which was just to loud for me. The drivers did a terrible job of adjusting the fan speed so during a massive battle in BC2 the temps would shoot up to 93+. At 49% the hottest it would run is around 73.

The 5870 wasn't capable of 120Mhz either, had the black screen of death coming out of sleep, crashed quite a bit in Batman Arkam Asylum, and ran TF2 pretty damn good.

evga 295 - bought used off eBay for $350.00
drivers: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=316886

So the first benefit although used, it's still cheaper than the 5870. The con though is evga doesn't honor the warranty because it's second hand.

The 295 is IMO the best of the best that's currently out for a i7 setup. But be prepared for the heat, as it runs very HOT. Mine idles around 55 degrees, and both cores average 85 degrees during game play.

Since this is normal according to evga the fans run on average at 49% but they aren't as loud as the 5870 fan.

In BC2 I average 85FPS, with dips down to 40FPS. In TF2 I average 350FPS with everything maxed out.

My hope is the 5970 will be able to destroy this game, if not it's going right back on the eBay.
 
Back
Top