i bought a secondhand xfx 5870.
For some reason the card doesn't display at all. I replaced it with my 8800gts that was there in the meantime but when i turn on the computer the card fan is ramped up 100% and no matter with dvi port or hdmi port it won't boot up. i finally put it in my roomates computer and it still doesn't boot. I put it in conjunction with my 8800gts and saw through windows the GPU isn't being detected at all no matter which slot i put it in. is it a bad bios? I've reinstalled win7 and i can't install the ati drivers since its not being detected.
For some reason the card doesn't display at all. I replaced it with my 8800gts that was there in the meantime but when i turn on the computer the card fan is ramped up 100% and no matter with dvi port or hdmi port it won't boot up. i finally put it in my roomates computer and it still doesn't boot. I put it in conjunction with my 8800gts and saw through windows the GPU isn't being detected at all no matter which slot i put it in. is it a bad bios? I've reinstalled win7 and i can't install the ati drivers since its not being detected.