• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5870 idle clock in crossfire

Benly

n00b
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2
Hi everyone,

I recently got myself 2 x HD5870 Eyefinity6 cards and am running them in Crossfire.

I had a bit of troubles getting Crossfire and Eyefinity to play along, but did get there in the end (I think).

However, as reported by AfterBurner, one GPU is idling at 400/1200, whereas the other is idling at 850/1200. Is this expected? I thought at the very most both would be at 400/1200.

Drivers are Cataylst 10.6 on Windows 7 x64. Current resolution is 5120 x 1440 if that makes a difference.

Thanks!
 
The 2nd card in CrossFire is shut off during idle states. The clock speeds read as 850/1200 during that time, but you can check the idle temperature and it should be fairly obvious if the card is off. So it sounds like everything is working fine!
 
The 2nd card in CrossFire is shut off during idle states. The clock speeds read as 850/1200 during that time, but you can check the idle temperature and it should be fairly obvious if the card is off. So it sounds like everything is working fine!

Yes, the second card is at 35C whereas the other is about 53C. It boggled me why the card running at full tilt was;

1) cooler
2) quieter
3) emitting less air out the exhaust.

That does make sense that the second card is shut off, but the reporting of 850/1200 doesn't make it any clear by AfterBurner.

I'm yet to try out a game, though I might wait for the last monitor to arrive as having a bezel as the crosshair can't be good.

Thanks for the tip! =D

EDIT: Oh, and I assume the random flickering when plugged into certain ports is just becase of the driver/vsync issue?
 
The reason Afterburner shows 850/1200 is that when the card is powered down, they are running at 0/0. AB can't read that. If you look in Overdrive in CCC, it should show 0/0 though.

The flickering might be from Powerplay state changes. Update to the 10.6 drivers and it should resolve that.
 
Back
Top