• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5800 series availability

NP. I wanted it too much to pass it up even for the price premium. Once it ships, I'm gonna cancel my TigerDirect order and hopefully have the card here by Friday. I'll keep you guys informed.
 
New Rig coming soon: Core i5, Gigabyte UD4P, Gskill 4gb ram, Antec P183 case, Corsair HX750, XFX 5850, Samsung T260, Raptor 150gb HD, and Windows 7 64bit!

Geez, I'll almost have the exact same rig as you! Only different thing is that I have the Corsair 520HX PSU, no Raptor, but the WD Caviar Black 1TB, the Antec P180 and an NEC 2490WUXi.
 
Holy, they charge a bigger premium on the xfx 5850 than on the xfx 5870!!
Then again it is the ONLY 5850 in stock right now. I know it will sell out before I wake up again tomorrow.
 
XFX 5850 in stock this instance!

for those who ordered from TG/CC....do you think they will get them in within a week or so? I am considering ordering a card from newegg, but thats a steep price compared to what i just paid $260
 
XFX 5850 in stock this instance!

for those who ordered from TG/CC....do you think they will get them in within a week or so? I am considering ordering a card from newegg, but thats a steep price compared to what i just paid $260

No one knows really. I'm sure there will be wide availability eventually, depends on how badly you need it. I don't have a main rig right now, so I really needed it.
 
Man if you guys can wait just a little bit, buy the XFX from Amazon and get it for @259.99 out the door, not tax, no shipping!
 
Man if you guys can wait just a little bit, buy the XFX from Amazon and get it for @259.99 out the door, not tax, no shipping!

It's unclear to me at least how long this wait will be. I've already being waiting for 2 weeks now and don't have my main rig up.
 
Man if you guys can wait just a little bit, buy the XFX from Amazon and get it for @259.99 out the door, not tax, no shipping!

no tax unless you live in WA, like me haha

paycheck with some sweet OT comes in tomorrow at midnight!
 
Yah, just be patient, good things come to those who wait:

xfx5850small.jpg
 
Just called my local Fry's

They currently have Diamond 5850s for $279

Got one placed on hold so I can pick it up tomorrow!

Not yet listed on Fry's website btw!
 
Just called my local Fry's

They currently have Diamond 5850s for $279

Got one placed on hold so I can pick it up tomorrow!

Not yet listed on Fry's website btw!

I heard Diamond brand sux? Which Fry's are you near, in CA?
 
I'm in WA, near the Renton Fry's

And yeah, I read in the warranty thread that Diamond only has a 1 year warranty

However Fry's 30 day return policy basically means you can get the Diamond for now and return/exchange when a better brand becomes available

May not be completely on the up and up but it is an option
 
I'm in WA, near the Renton Fry's

And yeah, I read in the warranty thread that Diamond only has a 1 year warranty

However Fry's 30 day return policy basically means you can get the Diamond for now and return/exchange when a better brand becomes available

May not be completely on the up and up but it is an option

Diamond's warranty goes to 2 yrs as long as you register your card within 30 days.

I think a lot of smashing on Diamond is unsubstantiated
 
Main question is... can I flash it with the MSI 5850 BIOS to unlock it and use Afterburner to OC it to 5870 stock speeds?

Also
MSI 5850 for $305.30 shipped have to wait till at the earliest Monday to get it... or Diamond $306.60 including tax but get to pick up tomorrow.

Also with the Diamond I'd be returning my Nvidia 250 GTS to knock $109.50 off out of pocket costs. Still would get the refund with the MSI but would have to wait 3 to 5 business days for it to post to my bank account.

I don't know where you are getting to year warranty on Diamonds though
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10011258
Under warranty it says only 1 year p&l
 
I just got my 2nd MSI 5870, they are now shipping with Dirt2 ;)
 
finally got word back from circuitcity.com

Scheduled Delivery Date:
10/26/2009

BOO YAH!

stoked =D
 
Back
Top