• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5800 series availability

vjcsmoke

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
4,511
They are ALL SOLD OUT at Newegg.
Both the 5870 and 5850 are sold out.
5700 series is highly available though.
We need MOAR! Where are they? :)
 
Ive seen some in stock almost every day, every other day for sure. Make sure you set email alerts at newegg though as they do go fast. There are some 5870s on newegg as we speak right now
 
I spoke with a CS rep @ Circuit City.com this morning and was told that they will be receiving roughly 250 XFX 5850's on 10/20, 98 of those are already spoken for. Check their website later tomorrow, if you act fast you should should be able to grab one.

I was able to snag one for $265 before they jacked up the price to $290. After the Bing cashback my final cost should be around $250. That's a price I can live with, after paying well over $300 for hot, noisy Nvidia GPU's in the past.

http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5252732&CatId=3669
 
I spoke with a CS rep @ Circuit City.com this morning and was told that they will be receiving roughly 250 XFX 5850's on 10/20, 98 of those are already spoken for.
I should be one of those 98. I have all my essential parts ready to go except for the GPU.
 
I had difficulty locating a 5870 online, but I was fortuneate enough to have found the last one at a Micro Center in Kansas City.

Very pleased with it.
 
I should be one of those 98. I have all my essential parts ready to go except for the GPU.

I'm afraid I have some bad news...

Just got off the phone w/ Circuit City. Either the warehouse hasn't checked in the order or they just haven't received them....they couldn't tell me either way after having me on hold for 10 minutes.
Now their saying it could be an additional 7 days on top of what I've already waited.

CLASSIC BAIT & SWITCH

This will be my first and last shopping experience with the "new" Circuit City.
If you do a search for XFX 5850 nothing even comes up now.

I should have just canceled my order yesterday and ordered the Sapphire from the Egg when it was available. :(
 
I'm afraid I have some bad news...

Just got off the phone w/ Circuit City. Either the warehouse hasn't checked in the order or they just haven't received them....they couldn't tell me either way after having me on hold for 10 minutes.
Now their saying it could be an additional 7 days on top of what I've already waited.

CLASSIC BAIT & SWITCH

This will be my first and last shopping experience with the "new" Circuit City.
If you do a search for XFX 5850 nothing even comes up now.

I should have just canceled my order yesterday and ordered the Sapphire from the Egg when it was available. :(

It is obvious that you do not even know what "bait and switch" is.

Tens of thousands will be in the channel now, Hundreds of thousands before the end of the year.
 
I'm afraid I have some bad news...

Just got off the phone w/ Circuit City. Either the warehouse hasn't checked in the order or they just haven't received them....they couldn't tell me either way after having me on hold for 10 minutes.
Now their saying it could be an additional 7 days on top of what I've already waited.

CLASSIC BAIT & SWITCH

This will be my first and last shopping experience with the "new" Circuit City.
If you do a search for XFX 5850 nothing even comes up now.

I should have just canceled my order yesterday and ordered the Sapphire from the Egg when it was available. :(
Wow, this really sucks. Thanks for finding out though.

I'm not sure what I should do now.
 
I don't know how many HD5800 series there will be available but I read that there will be 10,000 HD5700 series cards to start off with. Not sure if the 10,000 have already been made either.
 
I got extremely lucky. I just happened to catch a thread that someone listed the ASUS 5850 was in stock. It said limit 99 per customer so I assumed they must have had a lot. I went ahead and ordered 2 about 4pm central time, and they even shipped out the same day. In a matter of hours, they were all gone.
 
NewEgg hasn't removed them from the listings, it just lists what is in stock at the top of the search now, so the out of stock 5870s and 5850 don't show til way down the page (if you are sorting by highest price for instance).

Got my 5850 from NewEgg earlier today for $260 and I just refreshed the page every hour or so from my search to see when they had availability.

I think this whole thing is really being driven by Windows 7 becoming widely available on Thursday and lots of people buying hardware to do upgrades and builds to coincide with the release. I'm sure that put a heavier strain on supply.
 
NewEgg hasn't removed them from the listings, it just lists what is in stock at the top of the search now, so the out of stock 5870s and 5850 don't show til way down the page (if you are sorting by highest price for instance).
.

Actually no, most of the 5870's aren't listed period, and the link I have to the XFX 5870 says DEACTIVATED ITEM.

P.S. To the guy above saying bait and switch, that's not what that is, it's called "delayed arrival of product".
 
Traditionally, a 'bait and switch' is when a retailer advertises a product/service at an extremely low price, then reveals to potential customers that the advertised good is not available but that a substitute is.

CC didn't offer you a substitute or offer the XFX 5850 at a ridiculously low price did they?

But I digress. Man, I really need to find a 5850. I think I may just pull the trigger on a Sapphire 5850 from Amazon for $259.99 OTD.
 
Traditionally, a 'bait and switch' is when a retailer advertises a product/service at an extremely low price, then reveals to potential customers that the advertised good is not available but that a substitute is.

CC didn't offer you a substitute or offer the XFX 5850 at a ridiculously low price did they?

But I digress. Man, I really need to find a 5850. I think I may just pull the trigger on a Sapphire 5850 from Amazon for $259.99 OTD.

I purchased the XFX 5850 for $260>3-5 day delivery>5 days pass>I call CC on 6th day>Check status or order, I'm told emphatically that they will be in on 10/20> 7th day,call CC again on 10/20, "sorry but they didn't come in"..."but we do have the new Radeons in stock" i.e...HD5750, "those are available for $150, would you like to modify your order?"....

It may not be the definition of "bait and switch" and I apologize if I offended anyone.

Lesson learned. I like NewEgg's business model and have had ZERO problems with them in the past. It's either in stock or it's not...
 
I purchased the XFX 5850 for $260>3-5 day delivery>5 days pass>I call CC on 6th day>Check status or order, I'm told emphatically that they will be in on 10/20> 7th day,call CC again on 10/20, "sorry but they didn't come in"..."but we do have the new Radeons in stock" i.e...HD5750, "those are available for $150, would you like to modify your order?"....

It may not be the definition of "bait and switch" and I apologize if I offended anyone.

Lesson learned. I like NewEgg's business model and have had ZERO problems with them in the past. It's either in stock or it's not...

Nah man, you didn't offend anyone. You sort of experienced a bait and switch I guess. Yeah Newegg ROX - most of the time anyway.
 
Well I just got an email from TigerDirect with concerns on my order of the XFX 5850 which I ordered last Friday. The e-mail stated they hope to have stock again on 10-31! So it might be 10 more days till new stock arrives.
 
I bought the Sapphire 5870 last night from Newegg...they were showing 'out of stock' all day but had an estimated ETA of 10/20/2009...so I kept re-visiting the page throughout the day and finally last night they had some in stock so I jumped on it...it shipped out today

looks like retailers are only getting small quantities at a time
 
Well I just got an email from TigerDirect with concerns on my order of the XFX 5850 which I ordered last Friday. The e-mail stated they hope to have stock again on 10-31! So it might be 10 more days till new stock arrives.

Holy crap I'm glad I got mine when I did.
 
Well I just got an email from TigerDirect with concerns on my order of the XFX 5850 which I ordered last Friday. The e-mail stated they hope to have stock again on 10-31! So it might be 10 more days till new stock arrives.

i had same experience with tiger direct just a different item. there site says its on stock and in reality it isent.
 
I jumped on the sapphire from amazon (5850) and I think i got one of five that was available at that point. Man I'm glad I did, I figured by now they'd be widely available.
 
Well I just got an email from TigerDirect with concerns on my order of the XFX 5850 which I ordered last Friday. The e-mail stated they hope to have stock again on 10-31! So it might be 10 more days till new stock arrives.

I was told 10/26 :confused:

They absolutely don't have a clue of what's going on.
I just ended up cancelling my order, I'll probably save a few more $$ over the weekend and order a 5870 when they come back into stock @ NewEgg.
 
:p I gave you all a heads up when the HD 5850 was available on provantage. It was up for like half a day or more.
 
I was told 10/26 :confused:

They absolutely don't have a clue of what's going on.
I just ended up cancelling my order, I'll probably save a few more $$ over the weekend and order a 5870 when they come back into stock @ NewEgg.

Same here
 
slight price gouging on them eh :) considering the 4870/90's are in line with exchange rate pretty much, ah well new gear :)

Yeah that's pretty normal for gear over this side of the Pacific. 98% of gear is way cheaper to buy from the USA and get it shipped over. Only downside is RMAs if anything goes wrong.
 
Back
Top