5770 Crossfire on a hx520?

wuzupfoo

Limp Gawd
Im getting conflicting info from various PSU Calculators. Some say I need to upgrade to a 600w PSU others say my current PSU (Corsair hx520) is good enough. What do you all think??

Also does Corsair provide PCI-E cables? They only included one in my package, which is slightly lame since this is supposed to be a crossfire/sli ready PSU, wouldve asked when I bought this about 2 years ago but I never used the feature and figured it was in the bundle of cables.

System info for information:
E8400 - x38 board
4 GB DDR2
2 SATA HD in RAID1
1 USB HD
1 DVD burner

No overclocking as of now.

I am currently running my HTPC with a single HD 5770 and a 430w Rosewill PSU that is nowhere near the quality of the Corsair HX units and I have had zero problems gaming/encoding/etc and I am overclocked. I think that your PSU should be okay.

Some math:
100W - C2D E8400 at stock speeds (using the E7600 as a close approximation) + mobo + single HDD
216W - 2 x HD 5770 at full load
----
Total: 316W at full CPU and GPU loads.

So basically, you'll be fine.

Oh and contact Corsair for the PCI-E cables. You still have a warranty so use it.

cool thanks guys, yeah one of the online calculaters was saying something along the lines of the 330ish... hence why I asked because others were quoting much higher power draw figures for some reason...

Either way appreciate the input guys this place is awesome I wish I knew about this forum a long time ago!

Back