• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

570 GTX and Physics

Pipedor

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
73
Just replaced my 280 gtx with a 570 gtx, and I am finally getting ready to play Batman AA. I have a 8800 Ultra and 280 gtx sitting in the closet. Can I play with high physics on a single 570 or will I have to use a separate physics card? My power supply is a Tagan 1100 PSU, but it's old. It only has 1 8 pin connector, so I'm worried that running 2 cards may be problematic. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
You could always use Molex adapters being that 1100W is a lot. Try it out, if you feel Physx is keeping you from hitting the next level of AA or something try the 8800.
 
id use the gtx280 for physx personally just so you can have the best fps possible
 
I used to connect my gtx 280 with 1 8 pin connector, and a 2 six pin to 1 8 pin adapter. So if I ran a 570 gtx and the 280 gtx, I think I would have to have the 570 gtx with 1 six pin connector and 2 4pin to 1 6 pin adapter. Then I would hook up the 280 gtx with the original power configuration. Running my primary graphics card with 1 six pin connector and 2 4pin to 1 6 pin adapter seems risky. I always hear that it's not the overall wattage that's important, but rather the power on the individual rails. Much ado about nothing?
 
Kind of funny - I've been running a 570GTX and 250GTS combo for a few weeks and in Batman AA, the "hacked" ATI 5870/PhysX mod performs better than the legitimate one from Nvidia. I always average 58-59fps, but on my 570GTX I get the occasional weird hiccup that knocks my FPS down to 30 for a second or two.
Not sure if it's driver related or what.

On nice thing about the new beta driver nVidia released yesterday is that it's (mostly) unified and supports a TON of cards and combos. You no longer have to keep old drivers around so your system will see your PhysX card.
 
Domingo,

Have you tried to run Batman with just your 570? Additionally, Do you think I would have power supply issues running both cards? Thanks.
 
I have tried Batman with just the 570. My FPS were lower (I think it was 45'ish on average) with PhysX set to high, but it was still more than playable in the few minutes I tried it out.
I'm probably the wrong person to ask about power supplies, though. I tend to always go overboard with those after having issues with one 7-8 years ago. I'm only running a 570/250, but still have a Corsair 1000W supply...which I hope will be future proof for a little while.
 
I'm not too familiar with the ins and out of power supplies, so I don't know for sure. I do know that it has 4 six pin connectors designed to potentially run two graphics cards in SLI. Unfortunately, it's an older power supply and I don't know if Tagan contemplated the necessity of an 8 pin connector. It's a 1100 watt PSU, but I don't know what goes to what rails, or what it is rated at.
 
Back
Top