55" OLED!

My plan is to pick up a FW-900 and hope it lasts until these monitors drop to a reasonable price. LCDs turned me off of PC gaming for many years until I was in a position to run some CRTs again, these will be a nice upgrade.
 
My plan is to pick up a FW-900 and hope it lasts until these monitors drop to a reasonable price. LCDs turned me off of PC gaming for many years until I was in a position to run some CRTs again, these will be a nice upgrade.

Yup, I will run my 3x FW900's until something like a 120Hz 1920x1080 23+ inch or higher OLED comes out to put three of them in Surround as long as they keep the input lag in check.
 
If you can live with a 4:3 display, you can get some reasonable monitors for dirt cheap. I'm running 2 Samsung Syncmasters right now (900NF and 955DF). I don't know where they fall on the CRT quality scale, but they beat the LCDs I had used in the past. They were $5 each, found at thrift shops like Goodwill.
 
Back
Top