512mb And Now 1gb!

gerbiaNem

2[H]4U
According to leaked 7900 data, nVidia will start producing 1gb versions soon (or even immediately, but doubtful). When 512mb isn't even mainstream, and shows no signs of being limited, why go 1gb now?

because triple cheeseburgers at wendy's increase the sale of double cheeseburgers..

it is just to show people that they can do it..

and people some people will buy it for bragging rights..

it's probably going to be like the 512 now which is a very rare gem and will probably cost 700 dollars. It will be nice to have 1 gig of system ram and 1 gig of video ram :)

scottatwittenberg said:
because triple cheeseburgers at wendy's increase the sale of double cheeseburgers..

it is just to show people that they can do it..

and people some people will buy it for bragging rights..

couldn't keep with the one word says it all response could you :p

That's insane.. and Impossible at GDDR 3? Samsung has the only DDR3 ram anounced and it's only 512mb.

And of course you will have to run these 1GB cards in a Quad-SLI setup. :D

lozaning said:
duh everyone know your a nOOb unless you have more grafix than system memory

People may think that...

What i like telling people is that my computer has as much harddrive cache as their entire system.

512 MB raid cache on my raid 5 array.

psychoace said:
it's probably going to be like the 512 now which is a very rare gem and will probably cost 700 dollars. It will be nice to have 1 gig of system ram and 1 gig of video ram :)
Only 1 gig of system RAM? Come on, a computer with a 7900/1024 better have at least 2GB of main RAM to keep up!

Back