50ft Cat5e Belkin patch cables, $1.98/ea ($100 order Free Shipping)

Parts Express Coupons:

$5 off $75 code = LP15SAVE
$10 off $150 code = CJ15Q34
$20 off $200 code = CJQ342

Edit: Don't forget to check out their Clearance and Open Box categories. A few interesting things i found were:

- Adjustable 3v to 12v regulated external power supply $15

- Speaker modules $4 each: 4ohm, 8ohm & another 8ohm (these have a small woofer hidden on the back side)

Last edited:
Just want to say that I have been ordering stuff from Parts Express since the early 1990's. Never had a problem and they are extremely helpful with questions about their products.

Grabbed two of them for just over $10 shipped.

Bought four.... $14.69 shipped to 76137. :D

I'd have bought a shitton more if I hadn't blown my spending money on groceries today...

Thanks for the heads up, OP!

Bought four.... $14.69 shipped to 76137. :D

I'd have bought a shitton more if I hadn't blown my spending money on groceries today...

Thanks for the heads up, OP!

tough decision... food or cat5e ... not sure you made the right call ;)

Thx OP! I just moved and am in the middle of rewiring my rack, removing old components and putting new ones and whatnot. Grabbed 50 bucks worth of 7, 14, 15 and 50 foot cable (10 of them being the 50 ft above :D)

- Speaker modules $4 each: 4ohm, 8ohm & another 8ohm (these have a small woofer hidden on the back side)

I have a pair of these as ambience speakers mounted above and behind the TV to help fill in for the center channel being below the TV. Not great, but ok for application I'm using them in.

Just be aware they are left/right. I didn't see that and mounting them symmetrically was a little difficult because of the shape of the enclosure.

I got two of the 50 foot cables. Even if I don't need them immediately, two 50 foot cables for 11 bucks is a hell of a steal.

I splurged and bought the gray. Had to spend an hour learning difference between crossover vs patch cables, token rings, molded heads etc

Nice! Thanks! Our company just bought 100.

Yeah, for that kind of money its really a no brainer.

I got my shipment notification today, they'll arrive tomorrow (Parts Express is in Ohio with me).

Wow, this is a great deal, thanks to stiltner for sharing the info, in for 5 just 'cause. ;)

I splurged and bought the gray. Had to spend an hour learning difference between crossover vs patch cables, token rings, molded heads etc

From what I'm reading, most newer devices don't care about (or rather they take into account automatically) that crossover vs patch nonsense. It'll just work. I do remember the days when I had to worry about whether something was patch or crossover, though. Was annoying.

From what I'm reading, most newer devices don't care about (or rather they take into account automatically) that crossover vs patch nonsense. It'll just work.

Yeah, for at least the last fifteen years if not longer... :D

God I'm old.

From what I'm reading, most newer devices don't care about (or rather they take into account automatically) that crossover vs patch nonsense. It'll just work. I do remember the days when I had to worry about whether something was patch or crossover, though. Was annoying.

Yep I did get to that part. At first I had to ask "WTF is a patch cable..patch what?". Then I came into definitions of a crossover cable and why I might need that instead. Then I came to part about crossover cables being mostly obsolete. I should probably stay away from networking since I'll just have more stuff to want.

They must have a metric fuckton of these things.

I just bought another 40 of them.

Cause...why not.

How on earth are these still in stock. I only ordered 3 because I didn't want to be greedy and ruin it for anyone else.

I should have ordered a hundred.

I know routers can negotiate this, but for connecting computer to computer can the NIC's do this? I still have some crossover's around just for rare occasion I need to connect 2 computers directly.

You can tell these are old stock someone had sitting around for awhile... The packages are all dated the year 2000 and make no mention of being rated for gigabit or even a mhz rating.

Now I'm sure they're good, I just thought it was kinda funny. :D

Definitely old stock, all 35 of my cables are from the year 2000 and 2002. These must have been just sitting for the past 15 years in some deep dark corner of some very large warehouse. I already used a couple and their more than capable of transmitting at Gigabit speeds :cool:

Surprised still in stock. In for 10 for what the hell.

$6.95 shipping to CA and no sales tax, total of $26.75.

Definitely old stock, all 35 of my cables are from the year 2000 and 2002. These must have been just sitting for the past 15 years in some deep dark corner of some very large warehouse. I already used a couple and their more than capable of transmitting at Gigabit speeds :cool:

Well considering cabling hasn't changed much since 100mbit at all, not really too concerned. They're 50ft runs.

If these were 200+ ft, I'd pay more concern to them.

Worst case scenario, clip them in 1/2 and make 2 25ft ;)

Screw it, I grabbed 15. I'll probably end up using most of them to hack-n-slash into smaller runs for cable management.

Screw it, I grabbed 15. I'll probably end up using most of them to hack-n-slash into smaller runs for cable management.

Yeah, has anyone cut these up yet? Are they solid core or stranded?

Just by feel they seem like solid core which is a good thing. Usually stranded feels quite a bit more flexible and pliable.

If they still have these in a few days I'll probably grab some more.

Noob question; will either this or the grey version be the correct cable to connect an upstairs PC to a downstairs router/modem?

Either will work just fine. Color is just a color.... lol.

Buy the one in the OP link and save money, buy at least 4 or 5 because you'll be paying the same shipping.

Yeah, has anyone cut these up yet? Are they solid core or stranded?

Just by feel they seem like solid core which is a good thing. Usually stranded feels quite a bit more flexible and pliable.

If they still have these in a few days I'll probably grab some more.
I always thought that stranded was better for patch cables - more flexible and much easier to make a good crimp. I could be wrong tho. For long runs/pulls soild core is obviously better.

I too have thought about cutting some of these up and crimping them. @$40 for 1000' thats already the typical low end price of bulk.

I feel like I'm stealing! Free shipping and $5 off, this came to just under $110 thanks to stupid Ohio taxes.

Belkin Cat 5e 50 ft. Red Patch Cable Snagless

Part # 109-556

30 $1.98 $59.40
Belkin Fast Cat 5e 14 ft. Red Patch Cable Snagless

Part # 109-456

35 $0.95 $33.25
Belkin Cat 5e 7 ft. Red Patch Cable Snagless

Part # 109-306

20 $0.75 $15.00

This is just fantastic!

I used to order patch cables from monoprice but their shipping went up so much its not worth it anymore.

Thank you stiltner for the OP.
Thank you SJetski71 for the coupon codes.
Thank you Kueller for the part #'s for the red 14' and 7''s also on buyout sale.

Since I already ordered some of the 50' heres what my next order looked like:

# 109-306 7 ft
100x @ $0.48 : $48.00

# 109-456 14 ft
29x @ $0.95 : $27.55

Subtotal: $75.55
Promo Savings: -$5.00 ($5 off $75 code = LP15SAVE)
Shipping: $6.95
Tax for CA: $0.00

Order Total: $77.50
:D

Hah, didn't even notice the 7ft cables got cheaper as you buy more. $0.48 ea is crazy.

my 40 cables weighed 65lbs.

They are literally giving these things away after paying shipping.

Back