• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

500 (max) free boxes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4rk

Gawd
Joined
Nov 30, 2005
Messages
1,000
Don't know if this has been posted before (I ran a search and came up with nothing), so here it is. Free boxes from the USPS, 500 maximum, multiples of 25, and free shipping to boot! I smell a cardboard box castle challenge coming on, or a mod. ;)

Big box, max 500:
http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/p...isplay_products/productDetail.jsp?OID=1003566

Smaller boxes, max 500 (each):
http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/p...isplay_products/productDetail.jsp?OID=1003568
http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/p...isplay_products/productDetail.jsp?OID=1003569
http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/p...isplay_products/productDetail.jsp?OID=1003570
http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/p...isplay_products/productDetail.jsp?OID=1003571

Bonus!

Bigger box, max 100:
http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/p...isplay_products/productDetail.jsp?OID=1003567

Mail tube, min 10, max 10:
http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/p...isplay_products/productDetail.jsp?OID=1003548

Post pictures of what you do with them here! Please?
 
Ya. You can also get USPS stickers and bubble wrap packages and etc. Just please dont abuse this for people who really need and want the boxes.
 
"Post pictures of what you do with them here! Please?"

umm, I will use them to ship things...Are you telling me you would get all these boxes for no reason other than because it's free? That is just pathetic.
 
USPS has been offering free shipping supplies for years. They are paid for by the postage you buy when you ship the boxes. Please don't abuse this by ordering hundreds of boxes that you have no intention of using.
 
Wish I had sen this before I put out $10 for boxes to ship gifts in.

-bZj
 
kernodle said:
Ya. You can also get USPS stickers and bubble wrap packages and etc. Just please dont abuse this for people who really need and want the boxes.
Oh come on, there's no paper box shortage for the USPS... :rolleyes:

Whipsmack said:
umm, I will use them to ship things...Are you telling me you would get all these boxes for no reason other than because it's free? That is just pathetic.
Jeez, do something original with them! Be creative! Like so:

MrCoffee said:
Hell yes. Looks like my voltron costume is gonna get made soon :]
 
M4rk said:
Oh come on, there's no paper box shortage for the USPS... :rolleyes:
The point is that they cost, whether through taxes or through increased fees paid by those of us who do ship things.
 
M4rk said:
Oh come on, there's no paper box shortage for the USPS... :rolleyes:
Please tell me where USPS gets their magical free boxes. :rolleyes:
 
heh, i used to have some that i took from the local PO. The UPS guy chuckled at me when he picked up the package :p
 
jpmkm said:
Please tell me where USPS gets their magical free boxes. :rolleyes:
From the "Eternal Forest of Nekkid Flying Postmen," duh. :rolleyes:

As long as people deny there's a crude shortage (as in oil), I'll ignore any trees, koalas, walrus, wolf, and whale shortages. That list is subject to addition without prior notice.
 
M4rk said:
From the "Eternal Forest of Nekkid Flying Postmen," duh. :rolleyes:

As long as people deny there's a crude shortage (as in oil), I'll ignore any trees, koalas, walrus, wolf, and whale shortages. That list is subject to addition without prior notice.
wtf are you talking about? It's not an issue of shortages. In case you missed it, I'll dumb it down a bit for you: Postage pays for these boxes. By ordering hundreds of them, never intending to use them for USPS shipping, you are essentially stealing the boxes. Just ordering them without intending to use them properly is assholish enough; trying to defend your position is just over the top. Some of us actually use this service for its intended purpose, and we do not like seeing people ruin it.
 
Yeah... don't be a pathetic un-caring moron and abuse this. Where the heck do you think other people of the world get their hatred of us? From the majorities' inability to refrain from doing the right thing when given the choice between right and wrong, from our inability to think of others instead of fulfilling our own greedy desires. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be an American... not ashamed of our country, but what the people have done with their "freedom". :(

Come on people... put your greed aside for God's sake. It's Christmas... It's supposed to be the most selfless time of the year. If you can't understand that, see above.

My boxes will be used to help me get started in business. I have a small woodworking shop and plan on opening up to web-based sales ASAP. Some will be used to package items at craft and furniture shows, and while that won't directly profit the USPS at first, every package someone takes home with a business card in it could generate business that I will have to use them for.
 
My garage could use a cleaning. These boses will help alot. Thanks!!!

And please don't abuse this. I ordered 50, and that's already excessive. Dont order more than you need. =]
 
u8myrice said:
My garage could use a cleaning. These boses will help alot. Thanks!!!

And please don't abuse this. I ordered 50, and that's already excessive. Dont order more than you need. =]

LOL

Thans some funny chit.
 
You guys make it seem like the USPS is going bankrupt, or these boxes actually cost money. FYI, they're not thick cardboard boxes, they're very thin. They make them for pennies and theres absolutely no agreement on their site that says I have to use these boxes for shipping. And getting pissed at your fellow countrymen over boxes? Please. :rolleyes:
 
Seriously, what's wrong with you? This is what you have to agree to before you place an order:
I understand that Express Mail®, Priority Mail®, Global Express Guaranteed®, Global Express Mail® and Global Priority Mail® packaging is the property of the United States Postal Service and is provided solely for sending Express Mail®, Priority Mail®, Global Express Guaranteed®, Global Express Mail® and Global Priority Mail&reg. Misuse may be a violation of federal law.
There is also a similar warning printed on each box. These boxes DO cost USPS money. Are you honestly so daft that you don't understand that? I am indeed getting pissed at you because you are stealing from a service that I use and value, and you act as if I am a jackass for kindly asking you not to steal. I will ask you once again, please do not order these items unless you intend to use them for shipping.
 
Ahh, you got me. Well, I think of it this way: If they're giving it away, I'm not stealing. How the hell will they know if I'm using the boxes to ship stuff or not (unless they have cameras watching me)? And am I daft? Dude, I just said that it costs pennies for USPS to have these fabricated in some factory. It's my tax dollars at work, and I'm sure as hell gonna' use 'em. :)

EDIT: Don't manufacturers of almost all pc parts put little warning on them to deter us from using them in a way they don't want us to? Those never stopped me before...
 
I wonder if this thread will get locked like the other one(s)...

if you're going to abuse this service, please don't post here :(
 
Ehh, read the edit.

Anyhow, I'm not abusing anything. I haven't ordered even one box...yet. ;) Don't know what you guys are getting all pissed off about, I'm just talking theory.
 
Just remember that it is a federal crim to abuse free things like these USPS boxes. I was at my local USPO the otherday and a lady came in with a USPS box inside out and the postmaster told her that he would mail the box but she should not be abusing the system by turning them inside out.

KM
 
Killermac said:
Just remember that it is a federal crim to abuse free things like these USPS boxes. I was at my local USPO the otherday and a lady came in with a USPS box inside out and the postmaster told her that he would mail the box but she should not be abusing the system by turning them inside out.

KM
It's official, I'm moving to the Netherlands as soon as college is over! :rolleyes:
 
Yeah don't abuse this and waste the boxes, use them if you need them to ship stuff. USPS is not exactly rolling in money, and wasting their resources just helps to cause price increases.
 
M4rk said:
Ahh, you got me. Well, I think of it this way: If they're giving it away, I'm not stealing. How the hell will they know if I'm using the boxes to ship stuff or not (unless they have cameras watching me)? And am I daft? Dude, I just said that it costs pennies for USPS to have these fabricated in some factory. It's my tax dollars at work, and I'm sure as hell gonna' use 'em. :)

EDIT: Don't manufacturers of almost all pc parts put little warning on them to deter us from using them in a way they don't want us to? Those never stopped me before...
It is most certainly not your tax dollars at work. The USPS has operated independently since the early 70s. Though they still receive small subsidies for government-mandated services, such as free postage for the blind and free postage for oversees absentee ballots, but none of that money makes its way to making boxes for cheapasses who want to ruin a wonderful system for everyone. Even if they do only cost pennies each, if everyone orders several hundred boxes, those pennies add up quite quickly. They are giving them away on the premise that you will use them to ship via USPS. By using them improperly, you are, in a way, stealing them.

If a pc manufacturer gave out free pcs to anyone who wanted, under the premise that you would pay them for some service, don't you think they would be pretty pissed off when people didn't actually pay them for that service? But the pcs don't cost that much to make, so what difference does it make, right?

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. Stop trying to justify it. I don't care if you haven't ordered any yet; it is your attitude that I can't stand.
 
Then just ignore me and stop hanging out in this thread. You don't have to post in it if you don't want and if it bothers you that much that I'd rather do something creative with free boxes, obviously this isn't the place for you.
 
M4rk said:
Then just ignore me and stop hanging out in this thread. You don't have to post in it if you don't want and if it bothers you that much that I'd rather do something creative with free boxes, obviously this isn't the place for you.
If you want to abuse services such as these, then obviously [H] is not the place for you. That's not how we operate. We are kind, loving people, with a bit of common courtesy mixed in. :p
edit: for the record, this is indeed a great deal, and I don't mean to threadcrap so much, but if it is abused too much then it will go away.
 
Dude, I could be ripping into you right now, but I'm not. There's my courtesy. Btw, I didn't mean [H] wasn't a place for you to hang, just this thread. :rolleyes:
 
M4rk said:
Dude, I could be ripping into you right now, but I'm not. There's my courtesy. Btw, I didn't mean [H] wasn't a place for you to hang, just this thread. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I got that. But I was extending it to the [H] in general with respect to your attitude.
 
Ahh, well, it seems that I spread controversy everywhere I go. First it was the link to everytenminutes.com in my sig (Rich said I was advertising, but the contest was over already). Next it was my Hitler comments, and now these free boxes. I never try to start things, people just misinterpret stuff. I think I'm going to confine myself to the SFF forum.
 
Stealing from the goverment is stealing from all of us. Thanks for stealing from me.
 
M4rk said:
Theres absolutely no agreement on their site that says I have to use these boxes for shipping.

You are kidding me right.......Every 3 months or so, when someone figures out that the PO gives out boxes..we get one of these threads with one or two assholes talking about how to abuse it..... :(
 
where is the bubble wrap i can really use that for some of these boxes..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top