$500-600 Gaming Rig

SeaFoam

Supreme [H]ardness
Going to help my friend build a new PC, the only thing it's really going to be used for is gaming.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$500-600 tax and shipping included. I have a Prime account, so anything off Amazon is free ship, no tax.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Iowa, USA
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case, PSU, CPU, MB, Ram, Video, HDD.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Not going to be reusing any parts.
6) Will you be overclocking?
Maybe
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
1080p
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
After Christmas
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
Only thing that may be used is SLI or CFX, going to go single initially.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Win8 x64

Thank you in advance!

Are you planning on reusing a SATA DVD burner or something?

Why after Christmas? What if there was a good deal on hardware that you cannot buy after Christmas? how far after Christmas? I mean February 2013 is technically "after Christmas"

I gotta ask: What games are you guys considering playing?

Do you have a copy of "Win8 x64" or do you need one?

I have a burner for him, he has a copy of Windows.

Presents have to be bought first, before he gets anything for him. A month or two after Christmas.

Due to our hardware recommendations changing weekly, what we recommend now wont be the same two weeks now, much less a month from now.

Bump this topic when you're within' 1 week of buying.

Back