$50 for Battlefield 3 online play

Oh shut up and post another useless website screenshot, troll. :rolleyes: Many people have already commented on the quality of his post regardless of their stance on the issue. It was a well written viewpoint without the fail evident in the other posts.

So you bumped a thread you disagree with, to do a little trolling of your own ?

Makes sense.

m3ta1head posted about cost vs amount of content, and I agree with his post almost in it's entirety. I don't agree that it's a smart or helpful decision to "take a gamble and throw down money on unreleased content", particularly in this case as we're not just talking unreleased but complete unknown, but I don't necessarily expect anyone else to agree with me.

The big issues in my book though, are the "rewards for those that are willing to take a gamble and throw down money on unreleased content", namely the queue jumping and premium-only servers. Those two "rewards" are deal breakers for me, and it is really disappointing to see so many just shrug their shoulders when either of these things is brought up.

Gonna stop here since, well, in all honesty I doubt you actually posted in this thread to be a part of the discussion, so why waste space.

Makes sense.

m3ta1head posted about cost vs amount of content, and I agree with his post almost in it's entirety. I don't agree that it's a smart or helpful decision to "take a gamble and throw down money on unreleased content", particularly in this case as we're not just talking unreleased but complete unknown, but I don't necessarily expect anyone else to agree with me.

The big issues in my book though, are the "rewards for those that are willing to take a gamble and throw down money on unreleased content", namely the queue jumping and premium-only servers. Those two "rewards" are deal breakers for me, and it is really disappointing to see so many just shrug their shoulders when either of these things is brought up.

Gonna stop here since, well, in all honesty I doubt you actually posted in this thread to be a part of the discussion, so why waste space.

I guess I just don't see what the big deal is really. especially in terms of queue jumping. premium servers only probably wont even exist why would people want to limit the players joining their server they'd just lose rank

Didn't you see the screenshot posted? They already do exist.
IIRC, it will exist in the form of a server cvar that can be changed by server owners.

Where did you get the idea that I bumped a thread I disagree with? Troll harder or improve your reading comprehension. Pick one. I posted my thoughts on the topic already but I'm assuming that fact fell victim to your lack of R.C. or your attempt at subconsciously trolling.

IIRC, it will exist in the form of a server cvar that can be changed by server owners.

Where did you get the idea that I bumped a thread I disagree with? Troll harder or improve your reading comprehension. Pick one. I posted my thoughts on the topic already but I'm assuming that fact fell victim to your lack of R.C. or your attempt at subconsciously trolling.

I'm not seeing anything but bitching and personal attacks in the last 3 posts you've made in this thread. If that's all you have left to contribute, why even participate ?

You aren't even trying to take part in the discussion, and have been in pure troll mode since your first post in this thread today. If that's what you intended, well, I guess we'll see how well that works for you, but accusing others of trolling while you do nothing but is interesting, to say the least.

Yea, you seem to have a hard time comprehending situations so I'm not going to bother to break down your fail powered responses. I'm going to ignore you from now on. So please leave me alone and bother someone else.

They were cheaper IIRC and you got considerably more content than one BF3 DLC.

And thus is the way of the world. It's no secret EA gets greedier by the year. DICE's track record of free stuff speaks for itself. Don't like it don't buy it. Meanwhile no one gets to lie and imply you can't play BF3 multiplayer unless you give EA $50 a year. It's a one-time payment for all DLC. It's literally nothing that any other companies don't already do.

I will be purchasing this but would feel better about it if the community was allowed to provide its own MODD map packs for free this would be easier to swollow. I dont think that would cut into any of EA's profits, yes EA is greedy but nothing is free in life.

Desert Combat and Project Reality were free.

Can't wait to see the EA Defense Force rip into you for this one!

Sadly - if anyone ever did try to raise a legal stink there are so many outs from EA.

They could say that senior producer quoted saying that was in error.
They could say he no longer works there and everything he said is now invalid
They could say his comments were only meant to refer to Bad Company 2

The good ole days of gaming are gone -- EA is a dark plague on the world.

Desert Combat and Project Reality were free.

Can't wait to see the EA Defense Force rip into you for this one!

If it were just maps I could understand the bitching, but with new weapons, vehicles and assignments then I'm really having a hard time understanding the whining over it. If you want it, buy it and if not then don't. It can't get much simpler than that. Hell, I even look for mods such as DayZ to be full blown purchasable expansions before it's over with.

Not only was Desert Combat free, but EA bought out Trauma Studios (the makers of DC). Then fired them, and made BF2. Which was basically a worse version of DC. Probably one of the biggest dick moves of all times in video games.

I bought the Premium pack because I do enjoy BF3 -- 200+ hours of MP alone.

For how much I play it it's a damn good deal. Do I like paying for it? Of course not. A "Great" price would have been $30 for the premium pack. I do understand for the whole package when all it said and done, it's a lot of maps, a lot of new weapons, and vehicles.

If the people running the game would just come down hard on the hackers I'd be more than happy. I can't say that too loud though because soon we will see a service from EA where we pay $X per month to be assured that a certain group of servers is "hack free".

At the end of the day I get a far far FAR better return on my money in terms of entertainment value by buying the Premium pack for BF3 - vs spending $50 dollars to take a woman out to a movie/candy/drinks. (and yes by the time you add all that shit up, you are paying at least $50 for a date to the movies)

Not only was Desert Combat free, but EA bought out Trauma Studios (the makers of DC). Then fired them, and made BF2. Which was basically a worse version of DC. Probably one of the biggest dick moves of all times in video games.

This is why I hates them.

DC was the best of all time in the BF series.

Electronic Arts will charge $50 for 'Battlefield 3' online play
By Liana B. Baker

It's written by a girl lol.

I find this VERY offensive! Who says that WOMEN can't write about video ga...I'm sorry, I can't continue this...it is quite hilarious...

Women...

Interesting that some people may have to effectively buy BtK twice.

I had that thought -- not for myself but for others.

I got BtK for free due to my pre-ordering it - I'd be pissed if I'd have laid out 15 bucks for that pack, and then another 50 for the premium. Pushing the total price to $125 for some people who "gotta have it all"

Seems it wouldn't be hard for EA/Dice to setup their system to recognize "hey this guy has already paid for BtK - discount him $15 dollars off the premium pack"

Of course when it comes to big business or government - common sense does not exist.

I find this VERY offensive! Who says that WOMEN can't write about video ga...I'm sorry, I can't continue this...it is quite hilarious...

Women...

Heh - yup I took the article to be some general over dramatized woman bullshit.

Seriously - either this chick has never played a moment of BF3 in her life, or she's one of those types of women where everything is a crisis and will say or do anything to raise a stink.

Either way she's a terrible journalist

Waiting for the DLC to be sold stand alone sucks. I do enjoy killing premium players and using their gear though.

Back