$50 - $60 Budget PSU

Linkleman

n00b
Looking for a decent PSU up to $50 or $60 if its right. Any recommendations? If you can recommend a decent PSU for that price that is.

Got a few budget builds on the go and need a minimum 500w but 600w would be better

Knowing what it would be going into would be a great help, but right off the top of my head:

Corsair CX series 600w at $59.99 after $10 rebate

Or if you can't swing that the 500w version is $49.99 after $10 rebate

Either of the above are great solid overbuilt units from Corsair that will outlast anything you put them into.

There is an OCZ Fatal1ty 550w PSU on deal though. Are Corsair more reliable? I've heard mixed reviews but never had an OCZ PSU. Energy Efficiency is an important factor for me

There is an OCZ Fatal1ty 550w PSU on deal though. Are Corsair more reliable? I've heard mixed reviews but never had an OCZ PSU. Energy Efficiency is an important factor for me

I'd avoid that particular OCZ PSU. Another solid option is this Antec 520W:
$63 - Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W PSU

Has the same 40A +12V rating as that Corsair CX600 and is of higher quality IIRC.

The problem with that OCZ PSU is not only the quality of their customer service, but also the quality of the PSU platform that it's based on. In fact, it is based on one of Sirfa/Highpower's older, not-so-good platforms that can really not handle its full wattage rating in realistic conditions.

Perfect Thanks!

Specs Vary but are minimal, nothing outstandish. One is running an AMD 6850 as well as the usual but nothing out of the ordinary and max 1 SSD and 1 HD

I have a CX 600W If you want. I'll give it to you for $45 shipped to US48. Bought it a month ago from Newegg for my build, but since upgraded to a different 750W for crossfire.

I have a CX 600W If you want. I'll give it to you for $45 shipped to US48. Bought it a month ago from Newegg for my build, but since upgraded to a different 750W for crossfire.

Would take you up on that except I am in Europe, was just calculating into Dollars as most people on here seem to be in the US. Thanks anyway though

I'm using the previously referenced Antec Neo ECO 520 in my spare computer with an i7 860 at 3.5ghz, unlocked 6950, three hard drives plus one SSD, and six total fans without issue. Seems to be a good unit.

You probably can't go wrong with Corsair, though. I've had wonderful support from them when it comes to RMA.

Would take you up on that except I am in Europe, was just calculating into Dollars as most people on here seem to be in the US. Thanks anyway though

Where exactly in Europe are you?.. link the shop/s you'll be buying from(and your budget in Euros or local currency).

Knowing what it would be going into would be a great help, but right off the top of my head:

Corsair CX series 600w at $59.99 after $10 rebate

Same part can be had on Amazon for 62.00 without the rebate hassle.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Corsair unit aren't bad, I have had 1 unit fail out of 10 over 3 years. Antec's have been hit or miss. Their high end is great. Their low end is not. I have never had anything OCZ that did not fail.

Back