• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5.1 logitech speakers and only 2 work

Ron1jed

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 22, 2001
Messages
5,118
Ok!!!!


What the hell

I got a sound blaster live 5.1 card and these logitech 5.1 speakers and music and stuff only comes out of the the front 2 speakers. THe other 3 don't work. BUT get this. When I test it using the creative volume control , it tests all the speakers and i get noise from all the speakers.

Windows is set up to use 5.1 surond sound. What am i missing here.........!!!!
 
Please help me. Cuse i'm gonna break these dam things. Its like the great port on the sound card is on the only port that gives out any audio. WHy is this
 
Are you listening to MP3's when you only get 2 speakers working? This happens because MP3's are only Stereo, not surround sound. They are only encoded with 2 channels, left and right. Listen to like a 5.1 surround sound DVD or play Counter-Strike: Source or something and you will see that it works.
 
ok. thanks for the quick respond. Where to start.......... well. I bought these speakers to listen to music. I like listening to shoutcast stations with winamp. So is it possible to listen to my music using all my speakers..........that wouldn't make sense if i cound't listen to music only using 2 speakers...........
 
I have the Logitech Z-5500 speakers. If you are playing a mp3 it is stereo so audio only comes from 2 speakers L/R. On the Z-680 and Z-5500 there is a mode in the control panel which can mirror the sound to all speakers. Try that and it should fix your problems.

If you dont have those two speaker sets listed above then youre out of luck...just kidding. ;)

If your preferred audio player is winamp then it should have a config section in the output section of the preferences. It will display what type of sound configuration detected on your computer, either 5.1/4.1/2.1 and will output the sound accordingly. If your speakers are configured in 5.1 mode. Winamp will output sound to FL/FR/RL/RR speakers but not center.
 
k. how about windows media player. is there a setting there to use more speakers. and this mirroring the sound to the rear speakers......how can i do that.
 
my speakers didn't come with any software.... somethign i gotta download?
 
god this is killing me. Might as well take them back and get 2 speakers. No point in having 5 if I can only use 2 right?!

I thought i used to have a 5.1 set up that played my mp3s.......this is confusing
 
I tried a dvd and sure enough the other speakers are working....................so how can i get these other speakers to work with my music collection!!!?
 
On my Santa Cruz sound card, there is a function called Virtual 5.1. This splits up any sounds sent through the sound card into 5.1 channels. This way even my mp3s use all 5 speakers, and are split up to use all 5 seperatly. See if there is something like that on your card.
 
All of the problems is on the computers end. There is nothing wrong with the speakers. Did you try using winamp? Also, what kind of sound card are you using?
 
sound blaster live 24 bit i beilve. And there isn't any software that comes with it to split the sound to all 5 speakers........
 
Um, not to sound like a jackass, but you have checked the SOUND option in the Control Panel correct? When I bought my Logitech 5.1 only 2 were working as well. Start--Settings--Control Panel--Sound and Audio Devices--Speaker Settings--Advance. When I first bought them they were set to DESKTOP SPEAKERS. Changed it to 5.1 SURROUND SOUND and Bam. Instant 5.1 speakers.

Also depends on your MOBO somewhat...well at least in my case. Might be the same with your Sound Card. I have another Application in the Control panel for MSI Sound Manager. It defualted to 2.1 Sound, and I had to change it to 6 Channel to get it working correctly in games.

Also it doesnt matter if the MP3 is encoded to just Stereo. I play songs all the time and they play through all my speakers...so...maybe I am an exception to the rule. GRANTED they don't play as 5.1's should with songs (i.e Center = Voice, all the others = Instrumentals...but they do play :) )
 
yes my windows is set to 5.1. frist thing i checked. I guess the story right now is that i can't play mp3 with all the speakers.........
 
Go to the Creative website and download all their bloatware control panel stuff. You should have an option to run something like the Virtual 5.1 on the Santa Cruz.
 
TRY THIS:

It's saved me a few times.

Go to the sound icon in the task bar, and right click (Or Multimedia Properties)

'Adjust Audio Properties'
'Volume' tab
'Advanced' button
Make sure its set to 5.1

-randyc
 
I had this problem too with my Altec Lasing 251 (Classic hit).
With my audigy x-gamer it only worked on 2 speakers, I installed new drivers and it worked on everything except center.
Then I installed the drivers on my new computer and change my setup, switched my card to my computer. Now it works on all speakers, mp3, and everything. Strange huh?
 
this might help... go into surround mixer and at the point when you choose your speaker configuration - click settings and turn on the bass redirection... as for getting all 5 channels to work in winamp - I have a Live 5.1 and tried 2 plugins and neither of the worked :/
 
I have a similar problem with a 5.1 lifetech system :confused: : only two speakers "speak" sound, and when I try to change the configuration in the control panel /multimedia/ advanced and change the default two stereo desktop columns to the 5.1 surround sound, I see that after that it doesn´t accept that change and continue with the default two stereo desktop columns. dammn it!
 
carlos39 said:
I have a similar problem with a 5.1 lifetech system :confused: : only two speakers "speak" sound, and when I try to change the configuration in the control panel /multimedia/ advanced and change the default two stereo desktop columns to the 5.1 surround sound, I see that after that it doesn´t accept that change and continue with the default two stereo desktop columns. dammn it!

..does the sub work?
 
Yes, I tried the subwoofer and everything with a DVD player and everything works fine. It is only with the computer that I only get sound from only 2 columns! :rolleyes:
 
Ron1jed said:
yes my windows is set to 5.1. frist thing i checked. I guess the story right now is that i can't play mp3 with all the speakers.........

First thing you need to do is calm down man, if you've invested in a 5.1 system then one would assume that you atleast did a bit of research. What Logi speakers did you buy? If it's the 680's or 5500's, you can use the Pro Logic 2 music mode to upmix 2 channel sound to all of the speakers. I use this alot, and it does a pretty good job of simulating surround sound.

If you don't have that, then take a look at the up mixing options in the sound blaster control panels. I know the Audigys use CMSS to do this, not sure about the Live. Only use this if you don't have Pro Logic 2 on your speakers, basically if you don't have the 680s or 5500's.
 
I can't remeber what model speakers i got. I know i got the sound blaster live 24!.
 
Back
Top