5 1/2 size PC Air Conditioner

Yeah, it gives absolutely no info as to what that thing actually is :). It looks interesting though. When I think AC, I don't think a bunch of fans though. False advertising.

Yeah, as mentioned, it is just a fan. No peltier or anything. You can see a better look here: http://www.pcaware.com/products.asp?cat=51

The top product on that page is the same product but the image before you click on it shows the cover removed. For 50$, I dont think so (not worth it).

What a joke. The 16 degree drop claimed is a "system" temp. It says it can drop CPU temps by 3.5 degrees. Such a waste of money.

Yeah, when I first saw it, I figured it was just another version of one of these. Think I'd rather pay $10, versus $50, and paint it myself. ;)

This thread brings up something I have been thinking about.
I actually have two of those huge peltier chips from old coleman coolers I disected.

Could I rig them using a power cube or another power supply to cool the air going into my PC? Would it be pointless or too inefficient?

I'd rather stick to air cooling but some days like this it gets too warm for my overclocked cpu and gpu and the fans start cranking too noisily.

Back