4x8GB TridentZ DDR4-3600 @ 4266

Mister E

2[H]4U
Ok how hard can I realistically push this quad kit before risking perm damage? I’ve been slowly pushing my rams frequency up a bit at a time. To help with stability which to be honest didn’t even seem to be needed. I’ve increased voltage to 1.4v and relaxed timings by one. Current timings, 2133.3mhz, 1:16 fsb-dram, 18-19-19-38, bank 57, CR 1T. BCLK Freq 100:133, Mem Cont-DRAM Freq ratio 1:2.

I should have bought the DDR5 compatible board yes. But I didn’t, so how far can we push this ddr4 before I set my shit on fire?

Last edited:
Is it Samsung b die or something else?
Exact model of the RAM please.

If it is b die you can safely run ~1.55v with a fan blowing directly over it or up to 1.5v just with good case airflow.
Some run 1.6-1.7v 24\7 but this can require tweaking of other settings to make it safe.

Hey dasa, thanks for the reply. Sry it took a bit but I have the info.

The model is F4-3600C17D-16GTZR. I've never really dove into memory overclocking so I appreciate your advice.

After a bit of my own research it seems that model number is in fact B die. After stress testing at the speed in my sig I've seen the temps go as high as 51°C which seems to be within its safe zone from what I've read. Guess I'll keep messing around with it when I'm bored and feel brave.

51c is high enough that it can create instability with tighter timings so try keep them under 50c if you can which should be doable by improving airflow.
My b die runs 4000 16-16-16 with ~1.47v you should be able to run them at a similar speed\v.
4266-4400 should run the same timings with more v.

If you wish to go further down this rabbit hole.
https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper/blob/oc-guide/DDR4 OC Guide.md
https://www.overclock.net/threads/o...ry-stability-thread.1569364/page-1075#replies

Last edited:
Thank you my friend. ;)

Oh and my ram did not like 4800 at all. I knew I was pushing it but I didn’t change anything. Just curious if it would boot. Time to see if voltage and timing adjustments will be some sort of miracle get me there with 7 year old ram lol. This is gonna be fun.

Last edited:
b die is not the best RAM for high frequency and depending on the sticks PCB design being A1, A2, A0 can have an effect on the max frequency.
~4400 is a good goal for frequency with b die and aim for tight timings.

So final speed is gonna be 4266. The ram refuses to boot any higher no matter the (safe) voltage or relaxed timings. I've got it stable just under 1.4v at that speed and temps have settled in at around 45C. Thanks for the help and advice.

Back