dandex

n00b
Hey everyone... hoping to get some help from experts

I've set up my PS4 Pro to work with a 4K HDMI extender. I'm pretty sure I have everything connected correctly, but the problem is i'm only seeing 1080p on our Sony XBR55x930D and the game i'm trying to play is Resident Evil 7 Biohazard which is a PS4 Pro enhanced game. The first time I saw the game show up I knew it wasn't 4K, it failed the eye test right away. I confirmed and the screen was only showing 1080p.

I did a direct connection and bypass the hdmi extender and it worked perfectly. I guess the issue is with the extender, but it supports 4K HDR so I'm not sure where the issue is.

Any help is appreciated.

What is the distance between the PS4 and endpoint?
What is the distance between the TV and other endpoint?
What is the distance between the endpoints?
Are you using at least a Cat5e ethernet cable?
Are the HDMI cables at both ends High Speed and no longer than 3 metres?
Did you make sure there is no binding in any of the cables in the setup?
Did you check the settings on the PS4 after you setup the endpoints and manually change the video output?

Did you check the settings on the PS4 after you setup the endpoints and manually change the video output?

This is what I was thinking, maybe the PS4 isnt recognizing the resolution of the tv correctly since its going through the extender. Make sure its still on 4k output after you connect it to the extender?

What is the distance between the PS4 and endpoint?
What is the distance between the TV and other endpoint?
What is the distance between the endpoints?
Are you using at least a Cat5e ethernet cable?
Are the HDMI cables at both ends High Speed and no longer than 3 metres?
Did you make sure there is no binding in any of the cables in the setup?

I'm using two 3m high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable on both ends and a CAT6 for the extender. I'm going to try again tonight and make sure the settings on the ps4 and TV are set to 4K HDR. By the way, noob ?, but what do you mean by "no binding in any of the cables"?

I'm using two 3m high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable on both ends and a CAT6 for the extender. I'm going to try again tonight and make sure the settings on the ps4 and TV are set to 4K HDR. By the way, noob ?, but what do you mean by "no binding in any of the cables"?
Apologies for the late reply. "Binding" in this context means any hard angles or bunching in the cables.

Were you able to get it working?

Back