4K Eyecandy

Why does a a rocket need fins in space and whats up with Gatling guns in space lol.

Only explanation is that maybe those ships log combat hours in upper edges of atmosphere, as well as space, where aerodynamics may come in to place.

gatling guns in space would be cool since bullets would literally not slow down at all, muzzle velocity would equal to impact velocity, they would be insanely accurate and there would be no drooping trajectory. As close to lasers you can get basically.

gatling guns in space would be cool since bullets would literally not slow down at all, muzzle velocity would equal to impact velocity, they would be insanely accurate and there would be no drooping trajectory. As close to lasers you can get basically.

Sadly, there's that Newton guy that might have to interject here.

and spend hours/days reaching their target ...

Basically fancy jets in space. Not that that is a bad thing necessarily. I guess if you want truism they say the ships in the Babylon 5 show were more true to how they should be and work in space. Of course if you don't give a rats butt about what should be real and just enjoy the game for what it is then who cares, right? Its more about the game play and immersion of the world that I see as what really matters. Just my opinion though. :)

The added graininess and especially the faked chromatic aberration ruin it for me. I don't know why you'd try to simulate the aberrations of a $5 lens, as that defeats the purpose of moving up to 4k. There's a reason why cinematographers avoid and correct these color problems at all costs.

and spend hours/days reaching their target ...

If you're at all a reader, consider reading one of "The Lost Fleet" series books.

Considering relativistic effects, the "target" would not see them approaching until the light from their firing reached the target. Then it becomes a race between the impactors reaching the impact point, and changing the direction of a much more massive ship to avoid the impact point.

Rendered 4k stuff just doesn't do it as nicely for me. The best 4k video I have found so far in quality is probably:

253M 4K-Chimei-inn-60mbps.mp4

This one is also pretty impressive:

1.2G Canal+4k.Demo.Trailer.2160p.HDTV.H.264.MP3.2.0-jTV.mkv

And this is the longest one I have found so far (12 minutes):

4.4G Tears.of.Steel.2012.4K.[3840x1714].x264.anoXmous.mp4

Back