4K - 24" Dell UP2414Q

This will definitely increase the push to improve display connectors. Even DP 1.2 and HDMI 2.0 have plenty of room to improve.

Oooook knowing Dell's quality lately this monitor will be a disaster. Plus IPS means we'll have bleed and glow for FREEEEE horray. IPS sux.

The GTX 680 has Dual-Link DVI-I, Dual-Link DVI-D, DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 1.4 interfaces. Theoretically 1.2 will be enough but only time will tell. I have been dropping http://www.hardwareluxx.com/index.p...912-4k-gaming-amd-against-nvidia.html?start=1 everywhere since the introduction -- I have seen weird artefacts on the T221 and I am worried. If the monitor can do 4k@30Hz over DP 1.1 in one frame, I am good. But if 4k@60Hz requires MST, that's uh-oh. Although nVidia went great lengths to scanlock, I am not reaaaaally convinced. Especially not because I have Intel IGP :)

Thanks for the link chx. I think I will wait till someone here gets the UP2414Q monitor. I mostly game, watch blu-ray movies and listen to music on my monitor so I am always multi-tasking so the more real estate I am in but I have a small desk area that's why I have the 27" monitor and not a 30" monitor.

I'm almost 100% certain this is a MST monitor btw... I would be really surprised if Dell was able to source 4k-capable tcons this early... afaik there aren't any affordable, quality ones out there yet... but I could be wrong.

Yes, all 4K monitors at 60 Hz will be MST until the end of 2014 from a reputable source at NVIDIA.

I personally can't wait until 4K becomes mainstream. Then cheap-asses like me can be satisfied with a $100 video card running 1920x1200 (or 1600x1200).

Oooook knowing Dell's quality lately this monitor will be a disaster. Plus IPS means we'll have bleed and glow for FREEEEE horray. IPS sux.

Lol I agree. I had only one IPS and seeing the glow, and more importantly hearing that it was the same on all of them, was enough for me personally.

I can't stand any screen besides an ips or oled screen. I switch everything to oled if it just wasn't so expensive, $10k tv just too much. Tn panels drive me nuts and so do va panels but they seem rarer and rarer now days.

Lol I agree. I had only one IPS and seeing the glow, and more importantly hearing that it was the same on all of them, was enough for me personally.

Except that it's not the same on all of them.

In the category that I was looking for (16:10, 24"), yes, it is the same on all of them.

PB248Q, BL2411PT, Z24i, U2412M (plenty pictures on this forum), I read the reviews and they all had that obnoxious glow in the bottom right corner. And that's if you're lucky to just get it in that one corner.

But, it's getting offtopic.

Last edited:
Back