4GHz Quad Core i5-570 Screenshots

Saw pictures of the LGA1156 chips and boards selling in Taiwan.

The 1156 boards are likely on an ocean liner making their 30 day pilgrimage across the pacific ocean and to the egg as we speak. hahahaha...

Not regretting my i7 920 purchase for a second. (Please disreguard that I got my mobo from the [H] FS/FT at significant savings!)

Not regretting my i7 920 purchase for a second. (Please disreguard that I got my mobo from the [H] FS/FT at significant savings!)

Yeah. I bought my i7 920 from someone here on the [H] who had pretested it to something like 4.3 GHz on air. I'm running 4.0 GHz and am happy with it. The i7 might cost more, but how long have people been able to use the i7's? At the same time, the more cost-conscious were probably using lower-performing machines. I think you need to include the value of the time a person can have a higher-performing system but chooses to use the lower-performing system in the analysis. Sure you get 4.0 GHz out of an i5, and you may choose to buy that, but you could have had that already for the last X months. What's that worth? I know I don't mind having paid the premium to get on the wagon earlier rather than later. Otherwise it's like saying you could have upgraded to a 1 GHz chip in 2000/2001, or waited until now to get a 3 GHz chip. You get more processing power now but lost out in the meantime. Is that a fair comparison?

Back