4960x1600 wallpapers needed

Salkan87

n00b
Joined
Jan 17, 2012
Messages
10
So I have Dell 20"x30"x20" triple monitor setup at the moment. I have. I've seen numerous cartoonish 4960x1600 wallpapers on google and there's also a thread about them on these forums somewhere.
However, I'd rather have a wallpaper of some kind of scenery or space, etc...

Is anyone around here able to create 4960x1600 wallpapers? The selection I've seen is very slim.
 
The only resolutions I have found that go that high are space images from the Hubble etc. They are hard to find but they are out there...

On my 3x30" setup I had a massive picture of Venus.
 
With that much light coming off the screen, I can't stand anything besides a plain black background. I have just a 30 + 20, can't imagine 3x 30 with anything far from a dark background.
 
you can get some good multiple monitor wallpapers from digitalblasphemy but its not free..

"Prices are: $15 for a 90 day membership, $25 for a 1 year membership, or $85 for a Lifetime membership. Add $50 to the base price to purchse a commercial license. "

..
Displayfusion allows you to either use one massive wallpaper, or add the same wallpaper on each monitor, adjusting them +/- horizontal and +/- vertical until you push the other parts of the image offscreen and the monitor backgrounds align "perfect". I find the later useful on giant images. I don't mind slightly shorter height images either as long as I have a black background. I use a odd multiple monitor setup so display fusion's +/- and scaling down capabilities work out best for me .
.
Another option is using a digital cam... 16:9 format 9MP photos are 3968 x 2232 pixels and can be edited down to 1600, 1440, 1200, or 1080 high (whichever type of monitor array someone has running). You could also use some panorama features with three 9MP photos "stitched together", and then edit them down similarly.. nature-scapes, skylines, perhaps even macros for some interesting panorama subjects (animals, art/paintings, etc).
.
I sometimes just use a different individual high rez art/wallpaper on each monitor that compliment each other, or the same wallpaper on the side monitors that compliment a different image on the center one, etc.
 
I suggested you make your own with a digital camera too. Even a cheap casio pocket 10.1MP camera looks pretty decent imo compared to a phone camera. Panaorama functionality would allow some nice panoramas to be made and later edited in photoshop or similar editing app. I'm down to a phone cam at the moment but I'm prob going to get a budget digital cam at some point and would like to be able to make my own. I think some decent small scale object panoramas might look cool too with the right subjects.
.
I don't think its horrible for someone with $1k or more in computer monitors to pay $15 to digital blasphemy for one month and download all their high rez and multi monitor wallpapers . They even provide them in zipped packs of files so you can download the entire library and unzip it to individual folders very easily.

Download my entire wallpaper collection individually or in zip archives.

Download my newest wallpapers as I create them, hot off the press.
166 dual-monitor wallpapers, designed to span across two screens (5120 x 1600, 5120 x 1440, 3840 x 1200, 3360 x 1050, 3200 x 1200, 2560 x 1024).

135 triple-monitor wallpapers, designed to span across three screens (7680 x 1600, 7680 x 1440, 5760 x 1200, 5760 x 1080, 5040 x 1050, 4800 x 1200 and 3840 x 1024).

239 16:10, designed to fit widescreen displays (2560 x 1600, 1920 x 1200, 1680 x 1050, 1440 x 900 and 1280 x 800).

242 16:9 wallpapers (1920 x 1080, 1600 x 900 and 1366 x 768, compatible with Xbox360, Playstation 3 and other HDTV displays).

Over 200 2560 x 1600 lossless PNG wallpapers.

Over 275 wallpapers formatted for the iPad.
Over 275 960 x 640 images formatted for the iPhone 4 960 x 854 and 960 x 800 images formatted for the Droid, Nexus One, and HTC EVO.
248 1024 x 600 images formatted for Netbook computers.
Pickle Jar alternates of some works.
My collection of 1080p animated wallpapers.
Comment and rate images.
No 3rd party web ads.
No auto-billing (accounts expire unless you renew them).
Limited license to use my graphics on your website..
Not interested in signing up today? Please check out my collection of free wallpapers here.

Discounts:

Former Members: Use coupon code "iamback" save $10 off any yearly membership.

Educators & Students: Use coupon code "learning" to save 20% off any membership.

Active/Retired Military: Use coupon code "liberty" to save 20% off any membership.
 
deviantart.com has some good wallpapers if you search for them too. You can use display fusion to fit larger ones to a narrower array like yours, or edit in photohshop or other image editor.

http://gdroland.deviantart.com/art/Mars-Pioneers-Triple-Monitor-254472169

Wallpaper -> multi monitor area of deviantart.com.

http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/wallpaper/multidisplay/?order=9

Displayfusion lets you tweak the fit of wallpapers as I stated above, even across different resolution monitors - by adding the same wallpaper separately to each display within displayfusion, then tweaking their position +/- horizontal and vertical as well as scaling down the image on any monitor in the group with a lower rez than the others.. until they all match as one long continuous wallpaper image.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top