49% of Americans Want FCC to Regulate Internet

Of course, to keep his opponent out of the White House. Looks like nothing much will change this election either. Sad.

Those 49% voted bush in office. :rolleyes:

No doubt.

QFT

though i would at least like sattelite internet and solar power on said island...but yeah, for a free country we sure seem to regulate a lot of things that aren't hurting anyone

Although a lot of those regulations are irrelevant laws or are ignored. Somehow I wouldn't be so sure this one would turn out to be that.

Next up, a poll showing 99% of the human race is stupid.

Fixt.

lol, you guys seem to know little about politics. The people who want regulation are those who stand with with left. :p

How many of your presidents in recent decades have been elected with more than 49% of the people?

Most of us are critical of the US because they are hypocritical. They preach freedom and watch their own freedoms frittered away with no complaint. They choose loss of freedom for the appearance of security. Their security comes not from what they do for themselves, but what they do to others.

If I don't like what's on TV or the internet, I go somewhere else. When a significant number of Americans see something they don't like, they want to force everyone to go somewhere else.

Who is choosing security over freedoms? Look at the framing of the poll, it has little to do with net neutrality or freedom. They had no business sticking a FCC question in the middle of a poll about online harassment and most people, ignorant of the extent to which the FCC and other government organizations cover, probably assume the question meant "should the government criminalize online harassment?"

My guess is the rest of your criticism centers around Janet Jackson blah blah blah. You know who complained about Janet Jackson? The American Decency Association and a few other loud and out-spoken organizations, who encompass a vast minority of the population. Just because one viewpoint gets more attention doesn't make it the popular viewpoint.

...Just because one viewpoint gets more attention doesn't make it the popular viewpoint.

True.... But stick a microphone and camera in front of the minority and play the clips on major networks 24/7, and suddenly the minority view seems a lot more popular.

Who is choosing security over freedoms? Look at the framing of the poll,

Look at a lot of other things that have happened in the US during the Bush administration. Stir up scares about terrorists under every bed and the right wingers are taking rights away willy-nilly. Not the left - the right.

My guess is the rest of your criticism centers around Janet Jackson blah blah blah.

We know a lot more about America than America knows about the rest of the world. Don't assume comments about these things are so narrowly focussed.

lol, people say they want to know the truth about everything, but they can't handle terrorist threats when they are told about them. Weak.

Look at a lot of other things that have happened in the US during the Bush administration. Stir up scares about terrorists under every bed and the right wingers are taking rights away willy-nilly. Not the left - the right.
Poor electoral decisions does not mean most people condone those actions. That's why Congress changed hands and the White House is about to.

Back