which cards?

• 2x 4890 1GB crossfire

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • 2x Gtx 260 SLI

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I can predict the outcome of this thread... the ATI card winning overwhelmingly, and you arguing every legit point someone makes.

im not gone argue with anyone. but since the 4890 is 256-bit and the 260 is 448-bit wouldn't that make any difference?

i think it has to do with ddr5 able to push more memory bandwidth or something so the bus width isnt as severely affected by it.....correct me if im wrong ;)

Hmm, I can predict the outcome of this thread... the ATI card winning overwhelmingly, and you arguing every legit point someone makes.

No offense to the OP but I know what this poster means. Someone puts up a poll, knowing what they really want to buy, hoping to bolster thier intuition and when that doesn't happen an endless argument ensues with the OP buying what he wanted to in the first place regardless of the results of the poll. Literally hundreds of them on this forum.

Let's face it, the only reason you poll 260's against 4890's is you want to buy the 260's but want to see how much of an idiot people will think you are.

But I could be wrong. Once again, no offense but just have seen this a hundred times.

NO I have not bought the 260's yet. put order on hold. thiers time to change it to the 4890's. So im stumped at these 2.

4890s are more competition for the GTX 275, they will eat the 260s for lunch :p and shit them out before dinner!

on another note, I got to turn on ambient occlusion and dx10.1 in hawx last nite.

I don't have a 4890. But I do have a GTX260 - so obviously I pick that one.

Now if you're asking which one to buy, that's a no-brainer. You're comparing a new, more powerful and more expensive card against a weaker card. What's the point of a poll? Buy the 4890 and be done with it.

not 2 of them.

anyway would it be a 10% increase or more for the 4890's vs the 260's?

not 2 of them.

anyway would it be a 10% increase or more for the 4890's vs the 260's?

you're not being very clear, so either you're just trying start a flame war, or you were making an honest mistake

What do you have now? do you have 2 GTX 260s in sli? if so, upgrading wouldn't really be worth it you have 1? then it's a matter of value, the 4890s will be faster, maybe 10-20% faster in some situations, but is it worth the extra $ to spend?

do you have neither? if so get the 4890s

you're not being very clear, so either you're just trying start a flame war, or you were making an honest mistake

What do you have now? do you have 2 GTX 260s in sli? if so, upgrading wouldn't really be worth it you have 1? then it's a matter of value, the 4890s will be faster, maybe 10-20% faster in some situations, but is it worth the extra $ to spend?

do you have neither? if so get the 4890s

i dont have anything now

it will cost 80 dollars more for the 4890's

well in that case it's all about value, look at the games you want to play and check out some reviews, 4890s will be faster most of the time, but maybe the game you play only has a 4% difference, in which case is it worth $80? to top it off, if you plan on using HDMI audio, the ATI cards are a better buy.

All in all for the multi-card setup here, I'd grab the 4890s

together the nvidia will cost $410 and the ati 480.00 so its $70 then + shipping about $80.

1 gtx 260's evga SC costs 205 + shipping on newegg while this 1 costs 240 and free ship each.

so you're looking at @215(205 + 10 for shipping) per 260 thats $430 vs $240 per 4890 making it $480, a $50 difference, for a faster setup, in this case it's fairly clear the 4890s are a better choice

so you're looking at @215(205 + 10 for shipping) per 260 thats $430 vs $240 per 4890 making it $480, a $50 difference, for a faster setup, in this case it's fairly clear the 4890s are a better choice

the total for the 2x evgas comes out to $420.00 roughly shipping included vs 480. $60 difference

the total for the 2x evgas comes out to $420.00 vs 480. $60 difference

either way, the 4890s will be faster for $60 even , it's still a worthwhile upgrade.

if you ask this again I have to assume you just want to argue that the GTX260s are better, in which case, buy whatever the hell you want and stop wasting everyones time :p

for the record, Nvidia and ATI/AMD both don't give a crap about you, all they care about, is that you continue to buy their products, so brand loyalty really makes no sense, it doesn't serve you to support one side vs the other, it only serves you to get the best for your $

for the record, Nvidia and ATI/AMD both don't give a crap about you, all they care about, is that you continue to buy their products, so brand loyalty really makes no sense, it doesn't serve you to support one side vs the other, it only serves you to get the best for your $

I know and I agree. Which ever side had better product/ performance I take. I have a question about the 4890 cooler though? will it be keeping it cool if i overlcock the card a little?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back