4870x2 problems? windows 7?

upgraded few months back to x2 from a GTX260. i noticed the FPS improvement but i was getting random crashes, hardlocks, and even some BSODs. i attributed it to a year old Vista install that was giving me weird issues anyway. decided to go with Windows 7 7068 cause ive heard good things about it and im not afraid of uisng a beta OS fulltime.

ive had 2 lockups since installing W7 and im worried its my card. however, i currently have absolutely no faith in ATI's drivers with this card. the 3d clock issue, previous XF issues, and some CCC bugs really have me scared to death. is anyone else experiencing issues with their 4870x2 with 9.x cats on Vista/W7? i heard a lot of people are sticking with 8.11 w/ hotpatch. how well does 8.11 run on W7 since it's only Vista certified?

im getting mouse lag and very choppy fps in TF2 running max quality 8x AA edge detect when i was steady 150-200+ under Vista64.

also scored 12500 Vantage Performance which seems low. i scored 10700 with a gtx260 under vista 64. i know the scores arent directly comparable since both companies cheat with 3dmark rendering but still.

For a 4870x2 I have had the best luck with the Catalyst 9.1 drivers. The 9.4 are absolute crap for this card. The issues you are describing sound like power issues. Make sure your PSU is up to the task and if you are overclocking make sure your OC is stable. I think you are coming up short on volts somewhere.

Back