• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4870x2 And WoW Window Mode...

oMek

Gawd
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
656
i bought a 4870x2 hopeing to run two monitors and multibox 5 accounts up togher.

the program i use... runs all 5 wow's in windowmode and places them in the spots you desire (one large on main monitor, and 4x small on 2nd monitor.)

well my problem is.. since its window mode crossfire on the x2 does not kick in so the card stays at 2d clocks and within min the PC locks up.

i edited the stock bios to run 3d clocks/volts 24/7 but it still crashes in window mode... full screen runs fine.

is there a way to run crossfire/3d cocks/volts 24/7? and if not does anyone have a idea that might help?
 
Multiboxing 5 accounts O_O woah.

Not sure what you can do, but what exactly did you edit in the bios?
 
I believe although not sure, but you may be able to do it the same way as the profile fan edit. Look it up, i think the settings for clocks is in there too.
 
I have the same problem.

While running Wow windowed both my GPU and CPU would remain under clocked due to their power savers. I turned off the motherboard power saver in the bios, but I was unable to find a way to do the same thing for the video card. I guess I haven't looked hard enough yet. I considered messing with the CCC profiles to try to force the card into 3D mode, but I haven't gotten around screwing with that yet.

As a quick fix I tried running another 3D application in the back ground to force the graphics card to stay in fully clocked. It did work for a little while, but WoW still ended up crashing.

I sure hope Blizzard can figure out how to make their program act like a real 3D applications.
 
i set cat AI to standard and also turned on windows vista dreamscape(i think) the 3d motion backrounds and that upclocked the main core. seems to be running ok now but still makes me mad, lets hope either the 8.12s or next wow patch fixes things ^^
 
just like you said hawk29, it worked for alittle now its lockin the system up again. its really stupid. i need to figure this out =/
 
I've been fighting this issue for about a week now. I've just resorted to sucking it up and playing in fullscreen; there doesn't seem to be anything we can do on our end.
 
I've been fighting this issue for about a week now. I've just resorted to sucking it up and playing in fullscreen; there doesn't seem to be anything we can do on our end.

well i MAY of found a fix, i ran wow in 5x windows lastnight for a good 5 hours..

im going to guess your on vista with aero on? try and turn aero off and see if you still lock up.

i turned aero off, turned vsync off, and changed to 24bit/16bit/1x multisample...

and didnt crash.
 
well i MAY of found a fix, i ran wow in 5x windows lastnight for a good 5 hours..

im going to guess your on vista with aero on? try and turn aero off and see if you still lock up.

i turned aero off, turned vsync off, and changed to 24bit/16bit/1x multisample...

and didnt crash.

I'll give it a shot, but for now I don't mind running fullscreen because my secondary monitor is toast anyway (special thanks to Viewsonic for using poor quality capacitors. At least there's a 3 year warranty). This problem is really annoying to try to fix because it's so sporadic. One time it crashed within 4 seconds of me logging in, and another time I played for an entire afternoon without issue. Typically it crashes within 15-20 minutes of playing, but sometimes it likes to change it up just to annoy me it seems -_-. I did get a degree of success from using the manual fan speed control to turn up the fan speed to 40-45%, but that isn't really a solution because A) it's loud and B) it still crashes eventually.
 
It could be crashing because the fan doesn't kick in in windowed mode unless you turn it on manually? There is no way to enable 2nd core in windowed mode sadly though.

Edit: ah missed your post that you tried fan speed. Sorry no idea.
 
just an FYI, when running in window mode, your only using 1 GPU. CrossfireX only kicks in at fullscreen
 
Back
Top