• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

4870 psu

bwat47

n00b
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
11
Ok, I just upgraded from my 9600gt to a 4870. I only have a 450 Watt corsair 450VX psu. It seems to work fine so far, but will I have any problems down the road? is it good enough to power my machine with no issues? The psu has a single 33a 12v rail.

Machine:
95 watt Phenom 2 2.6 ghz 1.28v
4x1gb corsair xms2 ddr2800
250gb WD sata drive, 320 WD sata drive, 640gb wd sata drive
Visiontek 512mb 4870
Creative audigy 4
2x 120mm fans 1x 80mm fan
 
Ok, I used that site and it gave me this: (with 90% processor TDP and 30% cap aging to be safe)

Reccomended: 405 watts

+3.3V +5V +12V
5.1 A 15.0 A 26.1 A

So I guess I'm safe?
 
Thanks :)

I had seen a lot of what I mostly assumed was misinformation like OMG THE 4870 TAKES 300 WATTS FULL LOAD so i was a bit nervous about whether I had enough juice.
 
Thanks :)

I had seen a lot of what I mostly assumed was misinformation like OMG THE 4870 TAKES 300 WATTS FULL LOAD so i was a bit nervous about whether I had enough juice.
A 4870 actually uses around 130W at full load. The 300W would be for your entire system :) (actually probably less than 300W).
 
Thanks :)

I had seen a lot of what I mostly assumed was misinformation like OMG THE 4870 TAKES 300 WATTS FULL LOAD so i was a bit nervous about whether I had enough juice.

The only card that would even come close to that would be the HD4870X2.
 
Back
Top