4850's and BSOD when using triple screens

I have had a triple screen setup for a few months now but I did little to no gaming so my 4850's were rarely in CF mode and on the rare chance i would need CF it worked great and i would switch back to my triple screen after wards without any issue. i have been doing a lot of gaming these past few weeks and that means I have been switching from CF mode very often but when I do it more than a few times I get a BSOD. gaming is great and no odd crashes or anything that would indicate that my cards are faulty. i am currently on 9.9cats but i tried different versions to try and fix this but no luck. i don't get BSOD's when switching CF modes but when I enable the other monitors. sometimes it crashes when i enable the second monitor and sometimes when i enable the third one. i use 3 samsung 2343bwx monitors and i run everything under xp. am i doing something wrong?

hate to ask what seems like an obvious question, but did you run driver cleaner/sweeper before and after every version of CCC you tried?

I would reformat :D

i know, not very efficient but i like to rule out as much as possible when possible. i have also updated the bios on both cards, mobo, updated the drives for my monitors too.

power supply? typical question... but i suppose one has to ask it...

PCP&C 910, the system is stable when playing games and encoding but not just for a few hours but days on end at times. am i suppose to restart my machine every time i enable/disable CF? i figure that i have to be doing something wrong.

as far as CF goes i have no idea about that. but i bet i will learn more about CF sooner than i will ever have another SLI setup

Back