• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4850's and BSOD when using triple screens

Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
751
I have had a triple screen setup for a few months now but I did little to no gaming so my 4850's were rarely in CF mode and on the rare chance i would need CF it worked great and i would switch back to my triple screen after wards without any issue. i have been doing a lot of gaming these past few weeks and that means I have been switching from CF mode very often but when I do it more than a few times I get a BSOD. gaming is great and no odd crashes or anything that would indicate that my cards are faulty. i am currently on 9.9cats but i tried different versions to try and fix this but no luck. i don't get BSOD's when switching CF modes but when I enable the other monitors. sometimes it crashes when i enable the second monitor and sometimes when i enable the third one. i use 3 samsung 2343bwx monitors and i run everything under xp. am i doing something wrong?
 
hate to ask what seems like an obvious question, but did you run driver cleaner/sweeper before and after every version of CCC you tried?

I would reformat :D

i know, not very efficient but i like to rule out as much as possible when possible. i have also updated the bios on both cards, mobo, updated the drives for my monitors too.
 
power supply? typical question... but i suppose one has to ask it...

PCP&C 910, the system is stable when playing games and encoding but not just for a few hours but days on end at times. am i suppose to restart my machine every time i enable/disable CF? i figure that i have to be doing something wrong.
 
as far as CF goes i have no idea about that. but i bet i will learn more about CF sooner than i will ever have another SLI setup
 
Back
Top