• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4850 HD dual monitors

jarablue

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
1,696
Dusting off the old hardware here. I upgraded my bro in laws 9 year old integrated video to a 4850HD 512mb video card. Yes I know this thing is hurting with todays games, but for what it will be used for, it's fine. On the board there is VGA, DVI and HDMI. Their PC is right next to their HDTV. What I want to do is have either DVI or VGA going to the monitor on the desk and then have HDMI out going into the TV. I'd like to set it up so they can flip the desktop back and forth to either the TV or the monitor on the desk. Or setting it up permanent having the desktop on either one (they'll decide that). I would like to do this with maybe a simple hotkey. I can figure this out on my own but wanted to hear from you guys what the simplest way to do this is. They are not tech savvy at all but they can manage a hotkey :)

I thought of ultramon (maybe overkill) but shouldn't the catalyst drivers be able to do this? I've used nvidia for too long, I am not familiar with catalyst drivers. I have them on Windows 7 64 ULT. On my 580 GTX I had to run the edid registry hack for my HDTV to get full 4-4-4 subsampling and then setup my TV's input for PC use. What should I do to get that effect on the 4850? Are there registry hacks that need to be done or can it be done in the catalyst drivers? I just want them to get the best possible picture for web surfing and gaming on there HDTV when using it.

Thanks everyone! :)
 
catalyst have the option for hot key to load settings.

Set it up with 1 as the desktop - set the hot key
Set it up as the TV as the desktop - set the hot key

done


although IMO the better way to go is just set it to clone (if theri HD TV supports the same res a the monitor) and call it a day. Then they just turn the monitor off when they want to use the TV
 
Back
Top