4745454b's massive WTB thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

4745454b

Gawd
So here is what happened. Wife and I were caught in last years horrible "Camp Fire" in Butte county. 95% of the town we lived in was destroyed. I lost my i7/three monitor setup. It took us about a month to find a place to live but it wasn't able to support a gaming setup. I now live in a place that should run a setup just fine and i got my old deposit money back so I'm ready to buy.

I'm looking for a ryzen or i7 setup. NO 83xx, 63xx, i3. I'll consider a good i5. Prefer a 6 or 7 gen i7. I'll consider a 3 or 4. Would prefer the board to support NVME drives though. I would like to avoid buying the board, cpu, ram from different people so preference will be given to people who sell me the core together. I'm hoping to find someone who can sell me all three of those for a good price. What is a good price?

I can get the following from Amazon right now. These parts are prime, meaning shipped to my door. This also means they have a return window, etc.

Cpu: 1700X for $164

https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-1700X-Processor-YD170XBCAEWOF/dp/B06X3W9NGG

Board:asrock b450 for $86

https://www.amazon.com/ASRock-ATX-Motherboard-B450-PRO4/dp/B07FVYKJHR

Ram: G.skill 16GB ddr4-3200 for $80

https://www.amazon.com/G-Skill-Ripjaws-PC4-25600-3200MHz-F4-3200C16D-16GVKB/dp/B015FXXBW0

Adding that all up, for $330 i can get new /refurb parts with return windows, etc. I'm looking for a 6700 or 7700 with board and ram for $250ish. Maybe $275 if the board is nice. Again, i can get a good 8C/16T cpu with all the modern bells and whistles for $330. I would think buying used would save me at least ~20%.

I do need everything else as well. Only thing I've bought is a set of headphones, mouse, and an 8TB usb drive. I have mostly nothing so bundles and low prices get my attention. With the new ryzens out now I'm hoping someone can help me come up with some new parts.

Shipping will be to 95926. USPS Money order or me covering fees PP will be payment option. (zelle? I think that's an option but I haven't used it.) I don't have anything in trade as I don't really have anything anymore.

Edit: i forgot to mention. I don't like small/tiny. I know no ITX. I'll consider matx but i really prefer full size. Including the case.

Edit: So basically what happened is prime day. I've got lots of new parts picked out but there don't seem to be any video cards on sale. I WTB a GPU. ~$200 budget. Best i can get. 1060, 1070, 580. Make me a deal guys!

Final edit: Had money and with the sale going and parts being sold out i couldn't wait anymore. Maybe next time Hardocp.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
damn. sorry got nothing to sell or give. im on the opposite corner of north america from you, but good luck in rebuilding your life bud.

When AMD announces ryzen 3000 I'll be upgrading several things. You WILL be receiving some free components from me when this happens.

It'll be parts from one of 3 systems. - a 2700x build, 7700k build or 9900k build. Hit me up when parts are available to buy and we'll get something worked out!

I'm now looking for the pc parts. Look around guys. Really prefer bundles. I have to much to buy.

Asus Strix laptop suitable alternative? 7700/1060/120hz screen?

Sorry, no interest in a laptop. I want something i can upgrade as i need more power or as parts break.

If you can wait that long, in about 2 weeks, I will have an i7-4770k, Z97 ATX board (which supports 1x m.2 slot) with16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 ram for sale, once all my new stuff comes in & I get it put together & running.

I have a 120mm AIO cooler with fan too, along with a good assortment of cables, connectors etc....

If your interested, pm me & I'm sure we can work something out to our mutual benefit :)

I can wait. I don't need this for work or anything like that. Something that old however I'm not willing to spend much. M.2 doesn't mean NVME fyi.

Boise, i don't know if you are still able but I'm interested in any parts you have. Not looking for gifts per se. But not turning down good offers either.

I can wait. I don't need this for work or anything like that. Something that old however I'm not willing to spend much. M.2 doesn't mean NVME fyi.

Boise, i don't know if you are still able but I'm interested in any parts you have. Not looking for gifts per se. But not turning down good offers either.

Shot you a PM yesterday :)

I've been trying to decide if i want a 6C/12T cpu. With the consoles all being 8C/8T cpu, I've been wondering if a 6C/12T will work as well as it does now a few years down the road. I would hate to build something now only to find out 2 years from now X game really needs 8 cores. I'll add your offer to the ones I'm thinking about.

I've been trying to decide if i want a 6C/12T cpu. With the consoles all being 8C/8T cpu, I've been wondering if a 6C/12T will work as well as it does now a few years down the road. I would hate to build something now only to find out 2 years from now X game really needs 8 cores. I'll add your offer to the ones I'm thinking about.

So you are considering a 4c8t CPU on a platform that has zero upgrade ability (along with tons of various performance robbing patches and microcode) but are worried about a 6c/12t being a bottleneck on console games? You have the ability to drop a Zen2 8/12core into that mobo (that has a great VRM setup which will handle PBO on said processors) in ~2 years fairly cheap when the next gen consoles launch. They aren't due until holiday 2020. That is 18 months from now.

Please do not misunderstand my tone, just a bit confused by your logic.

I avoided lcd monitors for way too long because they can't show true black. Serious. Just because the logic is flawed doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to someone. I've seen the benches for the 8400, or the 1600x. I know they are good chips. But the silly hamster running the wheel in my head has odd ideas.

I saw I your thread you said singing about not needing any more GPUs. Can you throw one in there? If that bundle is $260, what does a $400 bundle look like? $450?

I avoided lcd monitors for way too long because they can't show true black. Serious. Just because the logic is flawed doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to someone. I've seen the benches for the 8400, or the 1600x. I know they are good chips. But the silly hamster running the wheel in my head has odd ideas.

I saw I your thread you said singing about not needing any more GPUs. Can you throw one in there? If that bundle is $260, what does a $400 bundle look like? $450?

I do not have anything in your price range GPU wise...I only have a Radeon VII at the moment. If you decide you want the bundle, I will toss in the Wraith Prism for you.

I do not have anything in your price range GPU wise...I only have a Radeon VII at the moment. If you decide you want the bundle, I will toss in the Wraith Prism for you.

I've got an 1070 Asus turbo blower I'd be up for selling for $225 Shipped. Would bring the total for ccityinstallers build to $485. I'd throw in a free 256gb NVMe drive, too.

And at that point I'd just need a case and PSU. Come on gears in my head, turn faster...

And at that point I'd just
I've got an 1070 Asus turbo blower I'd be up for selling for $225 Shipped. Would bring the total for ccityinstallers build to $485. I'd throw in a free 256gb NVMe drive, too.

need a case and PSU. Come on gears in my head, turn faster...

That is a pretty sweet 1080-1440P setup...You can grab a decent case and PSU from Newegg or Amazon for $100-125 and you are all set.

I'll even throw in a spare 250-500GB (gotta see exactly what I have) 2.5” HDD for media storage and some spare sata cables.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm buying parts from Amazon today due to prime day. Just saw their 2700 with wraith cooler for $150 and knew what I'm doing... Can't seem to find any good gpus. About to buy what i can and keep looking for the video card. Anyone got a good deal on just the gpu? 1070, 6gb 1060, or 580 for $125-$150?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back