Trip1

n00b
Ok, first the details of what you will get if your banner is selected:
$50 USD - Paypal only
Free hosting for life - Edgewebhost custom package:
3GB webspace
100GB Bandwidth / mo

Edit- Updated prices

Now, for what i want. I own Edgewebhost, http://www.edgewebhost.com. We are under a complete development stage that is going to be launched on monday, august 9th. *NOTE* banner does NOT have to be completed by then. You can view the new design here: http://www.edgewebhost.com/newdesign/

Now, I would like the banner to be animated, GIF only, no flash. Needs to be standard 468x60 size. It needs to follow the color scheme of our new design. It needs to put emphasis on our hosting packages, preferably the Bronze and Silver package. If you want you could make a seperate banner for the reseller packages. On the solutions.php page, you will find as much information as you will need about our servers, uptime etc.. include some of that in the banner as well.

Now, i know that 35$ is not very much, however i guarantee you that later on the road there will be much more work for you, and we will pay you more. This is sort of a trial period to see what your capable of, and ive seen some very nice work already in these forums. We will put the deadline for August 16th although i may very well choose a winner before then if i am extremely impressed.

I will answer any of your questions if you have any, just post them on here, not a direct PM please as others may have the same question as you.

Here's my submission.

edge3.gif

I can pause it longer on each package if you'd like no problem. I just got tired of messing with it for tonight. Also, I put all your packages in...if you wanted just Bronze and Silver, that would also be no problem at all.

holy shit, your site is nice dude. Why not get the same person to make the banner? =)

Im working on one though.

yah, the current site's banner is already very professional and excellent. you must have crazy standards then :) *rubbing hands together and thinking away for banner ideas...*

Will anyone look at my first attempt to make a banner EVER? =)... Let me know your email. I made a banner for this site, but its definitly not good enough. I made it with Imageready after some people suggested it in a thread I posted.

Anyways, can I send this to anyone so you can let me know how bad I suck and what I can do better? I dont think its too bad for my first try ever.

Awesome, Ive been messing with Imageready all night. Im going to make a nice one tomorow. Would anyone mind looking at my banners and tell me what I should change about ones I make in the future?

I removed my picture due to me not wanting my bandwidth owned. I will post up a better one later.

se7en1ne said:
Here's my submission.

edge3.gif

I can pause it longer on each package if you'd like no problem. I just got tired of messing with it for tonight. Also, I put all your packages in...if you wanted just Bronze and Silver, that would also be no problem at all.

I like the middle part with the text(orange box) and i like the way that it changes(fades), but i do not like the background of it very much.. with a little work this could be very good

Trip1 said:
I like the middle part with the text(orange box) and i like the way that it changes(fades), but i do not like the background of it very much.. with a little work this could be very good

What is it about the background you specifically don't like, or what would you like to see.

Tengis said:
holy shit, your site is nice dude. Why not get the same person to make the banner? =)

Im working on one though.

looks like a premade template to me* ..... yes its very sexy :D

(this is a little off topic...) but se7en1ne, i checked out your abstract PS work on your site...very impressed (wana gimme some tutorials? :D ) nice flash banner too.

Is this still going on, since if it is, it looks like a nice place for me to start doing some creative work again. And its the 9th now, is this the definate layout?

Edit: Are you sure no flash, since I have something that (atleast I think) is pretty good. Its only 8kb and 6.6 seconds long. I would post it, but I have no host =(.

wow, i love your site, the music is catchy too :)

i would just stick with that if i were you :)

obyj34: yes this is still going on, and it is the definitive layout, the /newdesign has been removed and it has been implemented on the main website already. feel free to post your flash

compslckr: this banner is not going on the main website, it is an advertisement that i will be displaying on other websites linking back to my site.

objy34, that goes way too fast to even read the first line. And its a bit small.

Im not the d00d wanting this pic, just my suggestion though

Trip, do you not like the current banner you have on your site? What more are you looking for that that one doesn't have? What's wrong with it?

Which banner are you talking about? the flash intro?

let me re-state that this is NOT for my current website.

This is an advertisement that will be placed on other websites, linking back to mine. The current banner(im assuming you mean the flash intro) is too big, and is not suited towards advertising very much.

Just a piece of personal advice, you can choose to take it or not, but IMO its not good to have too much info on an ad.

The main idea is to catch the viewers eye, and get them to come to the site where you sell your product, not sell it through an ad.

Uptaded it slighty, new colors on logo which also includes increase in quality due to some odd compressions from Photoshop. One more thing I will add is a small logo of sorts that continuously moves, to catch the eye, but not blatent and annoying. If you have any ideas or see something I missed, post it.

Ettubrute said:
(this is a little off topic...) but se7en1ne, i checked out your abstract PS work on your site...very impressed (wana gimme some tutorials? :D ) nice flash banner too.

Speaking of which... Ettubrute, want to give me some tutorials? Your work in these contests is consistently superb. :)

thx man, just ask, and ill try to help you along. just don't expect too much, im not a pro or anything ;)

Ettubrute said:

Thank you, and sure...anytime. I need some photography tips myself. IRNoob at photography. The photos I saw you post in that other thread were very nice. Contact me sometime.

Trip1: did I head in the right direction with the second banner i did or is the background still bothering you. If so what is it about the background, or any other part, that you don't like? That way I kind of know what you're looking for. I'm just blindly guessing right now. Thanks.

ok, the background is still bothering me.. maybe try and make it simpler?

Maybe you could try keeping the package details on the GIF(change packages every so often, just bronze and silver) and at the same time somewhere else on the banner put our features, what we offer etc, so that you can view the package details AND the features at the same time.

Also, if you guys want any of the pictures or flash thats on the site now, or for example the flower logo, just PM me with any requests and ill send them over to you.

Trip1 said:
Maybe you could try keeping the package details on the GIF(change packages every so often, just bronze and silver) and at the same time somewhere else on the banner put our features, what we offer etc, so that you can view the package details AND the features at the same time.

You need to be more specific about what exactly you want this thing to say. I really don't want to read over your whole website looking for what features I should add, when they may not be the features you want to be highlighted. Also, I don't understand what you mean when you say to put your features and also what you offer at the same time. I'm guessing you mean have your packages with the info on them and then also have 99% uptime...etc, etc, on the other side at the same time. That's way too much text that noone is going to bother to read if you want my opinion.

Hey, do you do referal discounts for your site? I'm thinking about purchasing a reseller plan.
Oh and do you have Cpanel and Fantasico?

se7en1ne said:
You need to be more specific about what exactly you want this thing to say. I really don't want to read over your whole website looking for what features I should add, when they may not be the features you want to be highlighted. Also, I don't understand what you mean when you say to put your features and also what you offer at the same time. I'm guessing you mean have your packages with the info on them and then also have 99% uptime...etc, etc, on the other side at the same time. That's way too much text that noone is going to bother to read if you want my opinion.

It really doesn't matter what text you put on the banner, as i will ask you to change that regardless of what you put now, just put whatever you think is good, im looking at the design, not the text/content. Also try checking out some ads of other webhost's- here are some that i like:

http://banners.devstart.com/rbd/Banners/2360705157/2439/468x60_18.gif
http://banners.devstart.com/rbd/Banners/2040122002/2540/468-60.gif
http://banners.devstart.com/rbd/Banners/2094381351/2154/home468.gif

etc..

ShepsCrook: You get 25%/mo of any referal's you send to us.. for more information check out our affiliates page, and yes, we offer CPanel/Fantastico on all accounts. Please try and use our livehelp for any sales questions.

There! that's excellent, good work. This is the type i am looking for.

I would like the prices to showup, and maybe only one package per frame so that you can make the text size bigger.

I have received a couple PM's to extend this contest, and i will do so, the new finish date will be August 20th.

i like

banner2.gif

maybe use the same exact thing just add the prices on different things

Ok, made another revision and think it's a lot easier to read now. I decided to keep the price right below the package offered. However, there is only one package per frame now. That's one frame for the Silver package, and one for the Gold package.

Let me know what you think:

banner4.gif

cmputrnrd4lif said:
Ok, made another revision and think it's a lot easier to read now. I decided to keep the price right below the package offered. However, there is only one package per frame now. That's one frame for the Silver package, and one for the Gold package.

Let me know what you think:

banner4.gif
is bronze missing? or was is suppose to be left out

Back