• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

450vx and E8400 @ 3.6 + 4870

CarlosD

n00b
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
34
Hi,

I've heard that this PSU can handle this setup fine. But I was wondering if OCing makes much of a difference in power consumption. I'm running it at 3.6ghz with 1.2 vcore and planning to go higher. I'm already running an idle power hungry 4870. I have dual displays, and in addition to gaming I also run my tv tuner at the same time. According to the PSU calc, this setup still does not go over 300 watts. I'm not sure if that is accurate or not. But anways, what are you thoughts on this?
 
The 450VX will be enough, even if you overclock which does use up more power BTW.
 
Back
Top