4400 stable - thanks for the help :)

LanceDiamond

Limp Gawd
After much reading which I started here, I built the system in my sig.

Now running 260 x 10, prime95 for > 21 hours, memtest86, 3dmark01/03/05, SuperPi, OCCT, http://www.hcidesign.com/memtest for 7+ hours (Windows memtest which found problems memtest86 didn't).

3dmark01: 30766
3dmark03: 17690
3dmark05: 8156

HDTach shows burst speed of 348mb/sec, average read 150mb/sec (yes, it is very fast! long as one of my drives doesn't drop dead, I'm golden! :) )

Special bonus info I figured out regarding my BenQ DW1640 - it's capable of doing UDMA mode4 and it DOES make it very fast - much faster than mode2 DMA. Post #23 of the thread below points you to the firmware and flasher to do this, I did it, it works. Did have to get rid of NVidia IDE driver and get Nero ASPI to get BQFlasher to work:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=152861

Nice numbers. That's exactly the same system I was thinking of building...But I kinda feel I should wait till M2 comes out and see how DDR2 plays with AMD.

PS: FOLD!

Don't look for AMD's new 533 bus, and DDR2 support to add much to AMD's performance.

One of the reasons AMD has done so well now and in the pass with DDR memory tech is that Intels first / early adoption to DDR2 has done little for them performace wise.

They say that, yes, eventually ... there will be performance gaines once DDR2 gets super fast, etc .. which I think has started to happen.

What I find very exciting about the future is that, many industy experts have said, they believe AMD to stay well ahead of Intel performance wise well into 2009.

Can you imagine, .06 533 Bus, 3.0GHz Dual Core AMD X2's ?

Oh, nearly forgot, I just built a new system myself using the 4400+ on a DFI nF4 Ultra-D motherboard.

Currently running 100% stable, prime, etc etc @ 2.65GHz using, x4HHT, 333 Bus. 10 Divider, 260 FSB, 2.80v mem, and 1.55v CPU.

I can boot into 2.7 - 2.5 and 2.8GHz ... but looking for expert help with memory sittings.

I've gotten 2 blue screen reboots, but the other 8 or 10 times I've tried 2.7 and 2.8, programs, like wow, etc .. would error out.

I'm pretty sure I can get 2.75 - 2.8GHz with the right memory settings.

Kristina

Sweet numbers man! Thanks for the memtest link, im gonna try to push mine a little more today and see how it goes. I'm just worried that OCing too much will significantly shorten the life span of my equipment. :(

Back