randomBullets
n00b
- Joined
- Aug 12, 2012
- Messages
- 4
1) What will you be doing with this PC?
2d Autocad 2009 (2012 by end of the year), office setting, occasional Sketchup drawings. NO Rendering will be done on this system.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$400 USA before shipping
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
USA 3-hours south of Kansas City
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget?
Motherboard, CPU, GPU(if needed), Memory, HD, PowerSupply*(see next answer)
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing?
I have cases, monitors, dvd drives, mice, keyboards. Depending on the setup I could possibly have a power supply but they would be from a server or old p4 dell systems.
6) Will you be overclocking?
No, not at the office!! lol
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
Possibly 2 but for now 1 Acer 22" it's newer I haven't used it yet so I don't know the max resolution.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Now
9) What features do you need in a motherboard?
reliability
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license?
Retail Win7 64bit and 32bit
I am posing this question to you guys because gamers really know their crap. I don't need a super computer just a simple 2d cad machine that will blow the socks of the old Dell P4 system I'm using. It's struggling with Autocad 2009 and needs help.
I don't need large storage because all working files are stored on the company server. The video card just needs to be decent, nothing crazy hot running OC'd card, it's possible to get away with onboard, but I'd like to be able to run 2 monitors and that might be a stretch with onboard.
This is what I came up with, but it's a little over the budget, I put $400 because with shipping/mail-in rebates it could get close to $425-50 and that's putting the boss in cardiac arrest.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/evFs
I was thinking there is a cheaper video card that would work but there is so many options it's confusing. Is this the CPU & board gonna be ok for a while or not?
2d Autocad 2009 (2012 by end of the year), office setting, occasional Sketchup drawings. NO Rendering will be done on this system.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$400 USA before shipping
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
USA 3-hours south of Kansas City
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget?
Motherboard, CPU, GPU(if needed), Memory, HD, PowerSupply*(see next answer)
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing?
I have cases, monitors, dvd drives, mice, keyboards. Depending on the setup I could possibly have a power supply but they would be from a server or old p4 dell systems.
6) Will you be overclocking?
No, not at the office!! lol
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
Possibly 2 but for now 1 Acer 22" it's newer I haven't used it yet so I don't know the max resolution.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Now
9) What features do you need in a motherboard?
reliability
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license?
Retail Win7 64bit and 32bit
I am posing this question to you guys because gamers really know their crap. I don't need a super computer just a simple 2d cad machine that will blow the socks of the old Dell P4 system I'm using. It's struggling with Autocad 2009 and needs help.
I don't need large storage because all working files are stored on the company server. The video card just needs to be decent, nothing crazy hot running OC'd card, it's possible to get away with onboard, but I'd like to be able to run 2 monitors and that might be a stretch with onboard.
This is what I came up with, but it's a little over the budget, I put $400 because with shipping/mail-in rebates it could get close to $425-50 and that's putting the boss in cardiac arrest.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/evFs
I was thinking there is a cheaper video card that would work but there is so many options it's confusing. Is this the CPU & board gonna be ok for a while or not?