$40 off $199+ @ Circuit City

TY, I'm going to be picking up a Wii This Sunday if all goes according to planzorzx!!

On another "deals" forum, some have reported that it doesn't work b/c of the non-unique barcode. So this could be a YMMV deal. In other words, this coupon isn't guaranteed to work.

On another "deals" forum, some have reported that it doesn't work b/c of the non-unique barcode. So this could be a YMMV deal. In other words, this coupon isn't guaranteed to work.
I just printed the entire page and showed the guy, he said it was valid. So maybe thats what you should do if you plan to use it, print out the entire page..

For everyone that missed the Xbox 360 HD-DVD player, go snag one now. :D

Two transactions/coupons for Wii and 3 sets of controls+any game for $400 total. Thats my goal before march 31st; I've been waiting to do it with the 1/31/07 coupon but once I saw this one on Monday, it will be much easier.

Nice. I'm headed up to Portland Friday, hopefully one of the 6 stores will have a Wii for me.

I'm going to put this on the Sony Credit Card with $150 credit for signing up. :p

I had no luck trying to get CC to give me a SD600 for their website's price and then use the coupon. So plan on only using it on full price stuff.

I just printed the entire page and showed the guy, he said it was valid. So maybe thats what you should do if you plan to use it, print out the entire page..

That might work for some, but it's not guaranteed. You apparently have a lenient store manager. I would try it anyway if there was a $200+ tech gadget I need or want. But not at this time.

Didn't work for me, I even showed the manager the Circuit City website with the coupon. He said something about the coupon being fake or something. Wouldn't even try to scan it.

Didn't work for me, I even showed the manager the Circuit City website with the coupon. He said something about the coupon being fake or something. Wouldn't even try to scan it.
Wow, sounds like a jackass to me..

BTW, the lady tried scanning it and it didn't work, so she typed in the numbers and thats when it worked.. So you might want to have them do that..

Wow, sounds like a jackass to me..

/rant

I believe it's the store in general in Gainesville, FL. Very small store, bunch of young punk kids as employees (manager included) that usually have no idea wtf they're talking about (especially about TV and A/V equipment).

It's funny because the rep I spoke to at the customer service desk called the manager asking about the coupon, he just said "no" to the rep and wouldn't even come out to speak to me directly. After bitching out the CS rep some more, the manager finally came out. He told me "no photocopies allowed" on the coupon, so I asked, "well if it's no photocopies allowed, how the hell am I supposed to print the coupon? I mean it IS on the CC's website. You want me to bring in my monitor and show you?" Then I showed him the link on CC's website. He then gave me some BS excuse about that coupon being meant for one person only and there are alot of fake coupons out there. Wouldn't even scan it to see if it worked either. So after arguing with him a good few minutes, he got tired of explaining to me and just told me, "no it doesn't matter, I'm not taking it". I just laughed and walked out.

It wasn't the first time I had a bad experience at that store either. Last time I went there to try to get a TV price matched, they wouldn't do it either. Said something about them losing money if they sold it for that low LOL. FYI this was the deal for the Sony 40XBR2 that was at BB for $1999 (pricing error for a few hours). Don't really see why people even bother with CC in the first place, the service, professionalism, and the prices just suck IMO.

If anyone out there lives around Gainesville, FL, don't waste your time with CC, save your money, time, and sanity and shop online or go to BB.

/rant off

Ive used this 6 times. They try to scan it every time never works but they type it in and it does.

He then gave me some BS excuse about that coupon being meant for one person only and there are alot of fake coupons out there.

Uh, how do you know it's NOT meant for one person only. It does say "reproductions will not be accepted". And can you get to that page on their website if you weren't given a direct link? And what's this "welcome to the neighborhood" business, and who the heck is "allconnect"?

And the guy who said he's used it 6 times? That's just way out of line. It says "offer good for one use" if you bother to read it! I'm for pushing the limits as much as the next person, but the key to successful hacking is to not call attention to yourself.

This has been up for a month or so. I used on on BF for my video card. one week later a new digital camera. Then some other stuff.

I have a gift card to CC that I am trying to get rid of. I got it for christmas for $150. If you plan on using this coupon please buy my gift card so I can get something from somewhere else (like Best Buy).

Send me a PM for more information :)

Circuit City said:
*Offer good for one use and applies to total qualifying purchase on a single receipt from 12/31/2006 through 3/31/2007. Not valid on previous purchases. Qualifying purchases exclude Verizon wireless, select Polk, Bose, Velodyne, Apple & HP iPod, Disney, Oakley and Sharper Image products, gift cards purchase, delivery fees, sales tax, and payment on your Circuit City credit Card. Valid in store only. Not combined with select Circuit City offers. Not redeemable for cash. Reproductions will not be accepted. Void where prohibited or restricted. Circuit City reserves the right to end this promotion at any time.

Does this sound like it might mean "select... Apple iPod," meaning there may be an iPod that this coupon will work with? I've got a fat tax refund coming back.:)

ok....LOL...get this

i have a $20 gift card for CC in my pocket

been thinking about getting the HDDVD player for my 360, so i am thinking HDDVD player for $140 right?

so i look at the fine print closely:

*Offer good for one use and applies to total qualifying purchase on a single receipt from 12/31/2006 through 3/31/2007. Not valid on previous purchases. Qualifying purchases exclude Verizon wireless, select Polk, Bose, Velodyne, Apple & HP iPod, Disney, Oakley and Sharper Image products, gift cards purchase, delivery fees, sales tax, and payment on your Circuit City credit Card. Valid in store only. Not combined with select Circuit City offers. Not redeemable for cash. Reproductions will not be accepted. Void where prohibited or restricted. Circuit City reserves the right to end this promotion at any time.

and right under that it says:

Having trouble printing? Click here to download the coupons in .pdf format.

WTF !?

how in the friggin hades do you print a online coupon, with their help, and it not be considered a reproduction?

I have a gift card to CC that I am trying to get rid of. I got it for christmas for $150. If you plan on using this coupon please buy my gift card so I can get something from somewhere else (like Best Buy).

Send me a PM for more information :)

You can try to trade or sell your CC GC through Web site such as http://www.swapagift.com/. They might have less fees than selling on EBay.

cool, thanks for the link - ill check it out. i just posted it here cause if anyone was going to use the coupon might as well help me out too :)

No problem. I heard about such sites during Christmas 2005 time frame, but I've never used it yet. Luckily, I've been able to redeem the gift cards I was fortunate enough to receive. :) In 1 case, I regifted it.:eek:

/rant

I believe it's the store in general in Gainesville, FL. Very small store, bunch of young punk kids as employees (manager included) that usually have no idea wtf they're talking about (especially about TV and A/V equipment).

It's funny because the rep I spoke to at the customer service desk called the manager asking about the coupon, he just said "no" to the rep and wouldn't even come out to speak to me directly. After bitching out the CS rep some more, the manager finally came out. He told me "no photocopies allowed" on the coupon, so I asked, "well if it's no photocopies allowed, how the hell am I supposed to print the coupon? I mean it IS on the CC's website. You want me to bring in my monitor and show you?" Then I showed him the link on CC's website. He then gave me some BS excuse about that coupon being meant for one person only and there are alot of fake coupons out there. Wouldn't even scan it to see if it worked either. So after arguing with him a good few minutes, he got tired of explaining to me and just told me, "no it doesn't matter, I'm not taking it". I just laughed and walked out.

It wasn't the first time I had a bad experience at that store either. Last time I went there to try to get a TV price matched, they wouldn't do it either. Said something about them losing money if they sold it for that low LOL. FYI this was the deal for the Sony 40XBR2 that was at BB for $1999 (pricing error for a few hours). Don't really see why people even bother with CC in the first place, the service, professionalism, and the prices just suck IMO.

If anyone out there lives around Gainesville, FL, don't waste your time with CC, save your money, time, and sanity and shop online or go to BB.

/rant off

BestBuy has to be the worst. CC is pretty bad.. a saleslady tried to sell me a dual core uber rig for my mom so she can surf the internet. She even insulted me with a stupid analogy her supervisor probably drilled into her head "it's like getting twice the horsepower for half the gas!" :rolleyes:

The only electronics store that hasn't tried to pull a fast one on me would be NewEgg. Now I just wish NewEgg had an outlet store. :D

Could someone send my the .pdf? I still wanna go pick up a 360 HD DVD add-on.

Could someone send my the .pdf? I still wanna go pick up a 360 HD DVD add-on.

Don't think it'll still be valid

ADVERTISEMENT CORRECTION NOTICE

Circuit City is no longer participating in the AllConnect "Getting You Plugged In" Coupon Offers.

Because an error in production regarding limitations occurred, we had no choice but to expire this offer. We apologize for any convenience or disappointment this may cause you, our valued customer.

It turns out CC sent me this official coupon, so I can try to use that if I find a $200+ product that I want to get by 2/1/07.

Back