4 pin connector hunt

I am trying to mod an old JBOD unit (rackable se3016) with another PSU. There are 3 backplanes that use what appears to be an ATX 4 pin, but it’s different in that the wiring is actually for a peripheral (instead of 2x 12v rails, there is 1x 5v rail and 1x 12v rail). Originally I planned on getting a modular supply and connecting it directly; but with this pin out I’ll need an adapter. Will I need a custom cable made or does anyone else have an idea of the connector name?

The pin out is
{Grnd | 5v}
{Grnd | 12v}

Attachments

• KWfIHQD.jpeg
    KWfIHQD.jpeg
    633.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 3TVRI5a.jpeg
    3TVRI5a.jpeg
    547 KB · Views: 0
I am trying to mod an old JBOD unit (rackable se3016) with another PSU. There are 3 backplanes that use what appears to be an ATX 4 pin, but it’s different in that the wiring is actually for a peripheral (instead of 2x 12v rails, there is 1x 5v rail and 1x 12v rail). Originally I planned on getting a modular supply and connecting it directly; but with this pin out I’ll need an adapter. Will I need a custom cable made or does anyone else have an idea of the connector name?

The pin out is
{Grnd | 5v}
{Grnd | 12v}
Should be molex minifit (jr?). Would have to see the keying (visible from the end of the connector, looking into it) to know if you need to order a specific part or make a custom order.

The plastic connector and pins are easy to get, but adapters are scarce. Probably easiest to roll your own.

Should be molex minifit (jr?). Would have to see the keying (visible from the end of the connector, looking into it) to know if you need to order a specific part or make a custom order.
Here it is

Attachments

• A0E7A38B-1FA5-4E45-8431-A85B0E21A557.jpeg
    A0E7A38B-1FA5-4E45-8431-A85B0E21A557.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 0
it is physically the same as a 4 pin ATX connector. you could probably buy some molex to ATX adapters and mod them fairly easily.

it is physically the same as a 4 pin ATX connector. you could probably buy some molex to ATX adapters and mod them fairly easily.
Looks to be common connector used for not just computers then, as I needed one as well for my HD Radio tuner!

Back