3DS, what game to get?

arr4ws

Supreme [H]ardness
I just got a 3DS XL in a trade i made with a H member. With it im getting 4 games wich are :

-Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
-Super Mario 3D Land
-Theathrythm final fantasy
-Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers

Im looking forward to super mario and Luigi mansion , but not much interest in theathrythm and devil summoner. So im looking to get an Harvest moon game or maybe Animal crossing , im not quite sure yet.

What are the game i shouldnt miss on the 3DS?

also , 2 games are digital and on the SD card , are they tied to the system or an account?

New Super Mario Bros 2
Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask
Resident Evil: Revelations
Shinobi 3DS
Tales of The Abyss

Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem

RE Revelations
Ocarina of Time
Kingdom Hearts

I've got these games:

Ocarina of time
New super Mario bros 2
Fire emblem
Paper Mario sticker star
Monster hunter 3 ultimate

I'd recommend all except new super Mario because it's just more of the same old stuff.

Although, if you get monster hunter, you won't really need any other games since it'll easily give you hundreds of hours of frustration and enjoyment ;)

Tied to system.

Donkey Kong 3DS is good, but Zelda Ocarina is not to be missed.

I also enjoyed Starfox.

Zelda
FIRE EMBLEM: I just repurchased a 3DS XL JUST for this game.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Really needs the circle pad pro XL can only be bought online as well, just got it 3 days ago makes the 3DS XL much more comfortable to hold.

Those are my only must buys for the 3DS lol.

My recommendations are:

Star Fox
Resident Evil Revelations
Kingdom Hearts
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Animal Crossing
Fire Emblem
Ghost Recon Shadow Wars (I forget the name, but it's like $10 now)
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
Kid Icarus Uprising
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

And if you want downloadable games, check out the Gameboy Color Zelda games, Pushmo, Nano Assault.... There's a bunch of good games for it. Trust me.

I was just about to make this thread. I got my 3DS XL Fire Emblem bundle couple of days ago and playing it nonstop.

Im also interested in good DS games. Never owned one before.

I was just about to make this thread. I got my 3DS XL Fire Emblem bundle couple of days ago and playing it nonstop.

good DS game ... any castlevania. My fav is by far Castlevania Dawn of sorrow.

Im on the fence between Animal crossing and the harvest moon game.

I'm in the new 3DS owners club as well...just got mine a week ago last Saturday. It came with Mario Kart 7. I picked up Ocarina of Time and Tales of the Abyss.

There are so many great games for this system it's almost overwhelming. I haven't put more than a few hours on mine since I got it because I'm also playing The Last of Us and the original Zelda on my Wii.

Have fun!

one question i have , does animal crossing and harvest moon new beginning support multiple saves?

one question i have , does animal crossing and harvest moon new beginning support multiple saves?

Harvest Moon: A New beginning supports 2 saves. Animal Crossing supports I think up to 4, witha caveat: Only the first saved character gets to be the mayor.

ALL OF THEM.

Seriously , just buy and trade in if you don't mind doing that and play everything you can. Its such a great little portable console.

Fire emblem is so addicting isnt it? I spent 34 hrs on normal doing a lot of the paralouges and a lot of the DLC. Going through lunatic now and holy crap everything 2-3x stronger than you main unit. Chapter 13 had some 80hp units with most of the stats being stat capped.

ALL OF THEM.

Seriously , just buy and trade in if you don't mind doing that and play everything you can. Its such a great little portable console.

No lie, the 3DS is the reason I got a Wii U. It restored my faith in the company.

Oh, almost forgot, Ace Combat (or whatever that flight sim is called) got good reviews, and Metal Gear Solid 3 is pretty good on the 3DS as well.

People are just going to wait for Pokemon Z to come out.

sure some will but alot will get X or Y, and then also get Z when that comes out in a year or so after X&Y heh.

i still need to get a 3DS before it comes out.

i plan to get X&Y for my self and one of them also for my niece not sure which one she wants yet. and then ill still prob get Z once that comes out too. :eek:

X&Y is a big enough change visually over the previous ones that i think most people interested in the franchise will get X or Y. if they have a 3DS.

i still need to get a 3DS too lol.

Project X Zone (CAME OUT TODAY)

Oh, almost forgot, Ace Combat (or whatever that flight sim is called) got good reviews, and Metal Gear Solid 3 is pretty good on the 3DS as well.
And yes, I JUST got the Ace Combat game last week. It is a remake of AC2, and looks like AC4. The graphics and controls are top notch, the gameplay, like AC4 but has this auto tail thing then that makes you get behind your opponent. I think u can turn it off, but I haven't found an option. You can just ignore the prompts when it comes up and keep dogfighting like normal. The 3D is also very good.
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy

I really like my 3DS, but I only have a couple regular non-3D DS games (Pokemon White 2, Mario Kart, etc.)

I'm considering Fire Emblem but I always feel disappointed when I play a tactical game that isn't like the original Final Fantasy Tactics.

I really like my 3DS, but I only have a couple regular non-3D DS games (Pokemon White 2, Mario Kart, etc.)

I'm considering Fire Emblem but I always feel disappointed when I play a tactical game that isn't like the original Final Fantasy Tactics.

I'm right there with you, I haven't really been able to get into many TRPG games since FFT, save for Shining Force 3. But Fire Emblem is just really great, I would say to give it a shot.

I'm right there with you, I haven't really been able to get into many TRPG games since FFT, save for Shining Force 3. But Fire Emblem is just really great, I would say to give it a shot.

Fire Emblem and the Ghost Recon games on 3DS are really good TRPGs. In fact, the Ghost Recon game was developed by one of the guys that created X-com. Trust me, it's good. And only $10.00

I just got the handheld yesterday... im trying to get use to the 3d. I downloaded the kingdom heart demo .

question to everyone, i only have a 4gb sd card in the 3DS , any way to transfer my games to a bigger SD card?

I just got the handheld yesterday... im trying to get use to the 3d. I downloaded the kingdom heart demo .

question to everyone, i only have a 4gb sd card in the 3DS , any way to transfer my games to a bigger SD card?

Yep. You plug your SD card into a PC, copy the data to a larger SD card. You don't really need to do anything else, since the licenses are stored on the 3DS itself. I got a 16 gig card in my 3DS at the moment.

Fire emblem is so addicting isnt it? I spent 34 hrs on normal doing a lot of the paralouges and a lot of the DLC. Going through lunatic now and holy crap everything 2-3x stronger than you main unit. Chapter 13 had some 80hp units with most of the stats being stat capped.

You bet it is! Yesterday I did almost nothing but arrange marriagerrr I mean build supports while grinding levels and didnt feel bored one second. :D It felt so rewarding! Now, back to the main mission. Actually the grinding part is something GC and Wii Fire Emblems would have really needed. If some character was left behind in levels for reason or another, s/he was practically fucked for the rest of the game.
The Reeking boxes that summon monsters were genious idea, you can quite safely grind levels on enemy difficulty you want and build supports without worrying too much that you get your ass handed to you like in main missions happens when you get obsessed about it at the cost of safety.

Yep. You plug your SD card into a PC, copy the data to a larger SD card. You don't really need to do anything else, since the licenses are stored on the 3DS itself. I got a 16 gig card in my 3DS at the moment.

thats nice , thanks.

Just eyeing ghost recon but its 30$ , not 10 on the canadian shop ( is it the same as the US one?), seems like a good game until advance wars 3ds comes out...

Last edited:
thats nice , thanks.

Just eyeing ghost recon but its 30$ , not 10 on the canadian shop ( is it the same as the US one?), seems like a good game until advance wars 3ds comes out...

Oh, get it in store if you can. It's still like $20 in the US eshop. At Gamestop here in the US you can get it for $9.99. It is worth it, though.

You bet it is! Yesterday I did almost nothing but arrange marriagerrr I mean build supports while grinding levels and didnt feel bored one second. :D It felt so rewarding! Now, back to the main mission. Actually the grinding part is something GC and Wii Fire Emblems would have really needed. If some character was left behind in levels for reason or another, s/he was practically fucked for the rest of the game.
The Reeking boxes that summon monsters were genious idea, you can quite safely grind levels on enemy difficulty you want and build supports without worrying too much that you get your ass handed to you like in main missions happens when you get obsessed about it at the cost of safety.

Yea. The support and marriage system is one of the new things I love about it. I have spent the last 15 hrs on my lunatic play through leveling every single one of my characters except for federick (hes completely useless after chapter 4 in lunatic, and makes a terrible marriage partner) as well has making sure every female that can has galeforce and sol. So the next gen (kids) all have galeforce and ridiculous stats. Also DLC is awesome for a challenge. You need the rouges and redeemers dlc for max stats as you can only get limit breaker from those dlc and you need limit breaker for the last and final dlc.

i decided to go with zelda oracles games for my zelda fix! and animal crossing

can anyone give me a good comparison of fire emblem and advance wars? i was an ADDICT of advance wars dual strike

can anyone give me a good comparison of fire emblem and advance wars? i was an ADDICT of advance wars dual strike

They're really different games. The basic turn based strategy concept is similar, but Advance Wars is closer to an RTS game like Starcraft in some ways than Fire Emblem. Where you build units in Advance Wars, just about every unit you control in Fire Emblem is a character in the story. Each of them have lines of dialogue and can be romanced with other characters of the opposite sex. Also, you outfit them with weapons and items, they level up and they do class changes. The maps are usually much smaller in scale than Advance wars, and you get mages, warriors, fighters, cavalry and other units.

It's a little closer to Final Fantasy Tactics, really.

i never played FF:T , i was more of an addict of advance wars. the mechanics of FE seems verrry interesting .

i never played FF:T , i was more of an addict of advance wars. the mechanics of FE seems verrry interesting .

It is really interesting. They have you put together your own character at the beginning that specializes in spells and swords. It feels really good and the story is pretty interesting.

Project X Zone is the shit.
You guys gotta get in on this action. I gave it a good 2 hours last night, very addicting, the fighting is so fun! Especially triple team attacks, holy cow. Just boom boom boom everywhere! It seems to be very long too, not sure, but it took 1 hour+ to get to the 1st chapter of the game. There's 5 prologues, each one sets up a group of characters then goes to the next. Makes sense, with so many characters. It's like 5 converging stories. Really digging it so far. The gameplay, strategy and action I mean. I didn't buy this for story, lol

Back