3DMark06 - Two days time

I can hardly run 05, im going to need one of you guys to make a video of it with your 7800gtx sli's on launch day so I can atleast look at the pictures. =)

It would be sweet if you could run it on a xbox 360 just to see what it is really capable of.

3DMark06 is available as a free Basic Edition, a $19.95 Advanced Edition for home/private use offering expanded features, a playable mini-game and enhanced Online ResultBrowser features, and the $500.00 Professional Edition for commercial use.

o rly

Pkirk618 said:
im still using 01 :)

If thats the case I don't think you'll be able to run 06.
I'm scared to see what my 6600GT can bring out of 06...Prob something like 1000 points :-(

While this application is pretty useless in determining gaming performance, the aspect of it I do like is sitting back and watching the 3D demo part run. 3DMark05 lacked it, but the previous incarnations had a cool scripted 3D demo with music that ran and was fun to watch. I hope 3DMark06 has something like that to run, cause I'm a demo scene guy at heart and I love that stuff. I think it's 01 that has the best music (if i am remembering correctly). Other than that I am looking forward to seeing the visuals, the screenshots look neat. In no way is this useful for gaming perf testing, but for just personal enjoyment I will play around with the effects.

Am I the only who sees where it says "Wednesday, January 18, 2005 "
But maybe I am smoking drugs again and just don't realize it.!

I remember another benchmark, a while back, called 'Final Reality', IIRC. That had pretty good music too and was good to watch for a while...

It's not 100% useless...it's pretty useless for comparing 2 different cards in terms of gaming performance, but it's a nice and easy program to run to test that your hardware is working at the appropriate speed, or to test your hardware after you make changes. Not to mention like you said...it's fun to watch occasionally.

pibrahim said:
I remember another benchmark, a while back, called 'Final Reality', IIRC. That had pretty good music too and was good to watch for a while...

A while back?
LOL that is AGES back.
I remember it, man that was cool for it's day.

JRT said:
Am I the only who sees where it says "Wednesday, January 18, 2005 "
But maybe I am smoking drugs again and just don't realize it.!

Either we are right or we are both on crack, because I see it too.

That's good to know.
I didn't think that I have smoked any opium in many years, but who knows, flash-backs allways hit at the weirdest times. ;)

Wow, didn't realise it was so old... webpage (for Final Reality) states that it's a benchmark for DirectX *5*!

How time flies...

Based on the screenshots I don't think my 6600 256mb pci-e card can handle this.....It stutters all the way through 3DMark05. Good thing I've got an x1800xt coming in 3 days :D

dingobiatch said:
lol wait, will i be getting decent fps w/ a 4400+, 2gb corsair, and a single 7800gtx 256mb?

we'll find out.. but I'm not too hopeful. Though our scores should be higher than someone with a single core chip and a single GTX, since cpu performance (supporting dual core) is going to count in the overall score this time.

The AGP test measures the performance of of your AGP (Advanced Graphics Port), if you're lucky enough to have one.

Lucky enough to AGP...damn straight.

What are the minimum requirements? I wonder if my File Server can run it, it scored this high in 3dmark03: http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/josh_1413/OWN3D.jpg

It has a Pentium 3 700MHz, 256MB of Ram, and a Radeon 7200 32MB PCI. It's one 3dmark BEAST.

In all reality, i have a 6600GT, and an athlon xp 3000+. I'm predicting i'll score around 1000 points. I'll post a pic, when somone makes a thread called "post your 3dmark06 scores."

:D

What the...? It looks like they've included a rehash of Return to Proxycon as a game test. Or maybe that's the mini game. That would be cool.

pxc said:
Oh good, new drivers are coming out in 2 days. :p
For NV, yes but they won't be official ;)

Can't wait to see the sub 3000 scores on the highest end hardware.

Hmmm better get ready for the x1900xtx slaughter the week after... so ati and futuremark are indeed conjuring up an evil plan :p just for fun im gonna pull some numbers out of my ass and say itll be something like this.. assuming FX-60

GTX 256 - 1000~
X1800XT - 1300~
GTX 512 - 1500~
X1900XTX - 2500~

Now crossfire/sli would be more like

GTX 256 - 1800
X1800XT - 2400
GTX 512 - 3000
X1900XTX - 5000

Id love if any of this was on spot :D

Back